A New Low :)

Options
Ding724
Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
Today I am at my lowest weight ever...or should I say my lowest HEALTHY weight ever...

Backstory: When I was a freshmen in College I didn't eat for 3 months & managed to lose 25lbs, going from 165 to 140. Being a little over 5'9 with a medium and very athletic build, that was too small for me. I looked sickly and unhealthy. I was lucky enough to have supportive friends and family who helped me to overcome the issues I was having with my body.

HOWEVER, then after gaining the weight back and getting into the groove of liking my body, I met a boy, dated that boy, got engaged to that boy, and then married that boy! (I suppose he'd prefer to be called a MAN! lol anyways...). And between the day I met him & our 1 year wedding anniversary I managed to gain a whopping 40 lbs!!! YIKES!

About 1/2 of the weight gain was caused by starting implanon birth control, but the other 1/2 was due to just plain laziness and being too comfortable in our relationship. I ate like a man and I ate OFTEN. I am also a self-proclaimed emotional eater, and ate when I was happy, sad, nervous, excited, etc...not to mention when I was bored...

So anyways, back to today.

My weight today is 162.4 :smile: A total loss of 42.4lbs since last July...

That is that lowest that I have been since the age of 17 that is HEALTHY for me & I am super proud of myself. My goal weight is 157 (maintain between 155-159) and I can't believe how close I am! I can't wait to be at my goal!

My current body fat is 25.5% & My Bmi is a very healthy 23.8 :happy:

Let's just say, I'm having a good day!!!! This low is giving me a high!!! haha

Replies

• nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud! So very happy for you.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    way to go! i can't wait until i can say the same =)
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Proud of you Mandie. It's so odd how bodies operate! But glad you're starting to figure yours out! ::o) You're doing well and I'm glad to have you as a MFP friend!
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Treadly
    Treadly Posts: 17
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the good effort!!!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Awesome... I've had problems with eating disorders in the past and you have been a huge inspiration to me. Thanks!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    your totally awesome great motivation!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats to you!!
  • Christyp123
    Options
    Way to go! Love that you are healthy again! Congrats.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! So glad your healthy and happy!!! You should be super proud!!! Great job!
  • maconk22
    maconk22 Posts: 18
    Options
    Amazing....nice story!! Very proud of you!! :-)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Awesome111
  • chilipeppers
    Options
    great job! sounds like you really know your body and that's something most people can't say for themselves!
  • tonedover
    tonedover Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ya look great! good job
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Way to go! So proud of you!
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • edyarn
    edyarn Posts: 12
    Options
    That's GREAT!!! :)
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Great job! Way to get at it in a healthy way!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!