How many hours of sleep do you get?

Options

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I'm in bed from between 6 and 7 hours per night. But my FitBit says my deep sleep is only about 4 hours per night. The rest is very light, restless sleep.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Six-ish, never uninterrupted, though. My husband has sleep apnea and restless legs, and his snoring and fidgeting wake me up pretty often.
  • carribear
    carribear Posts: 32
    Options
    I work about 50 hours a week so I've just started sleeping whenever I feel like sleeping. I use to force myself to go to bed at 11 but then I just play on my phone for an hour. I use to force myself to stay awake some times to just to watch a tv show, but hey thats what DVR is for!! I get about 6 hours during the week, but sometimes I pass out in my chair after I get home from work for about an hour so. On the weekends it always early to bed on Friday and sleep for about 12 hours! If your body needs it, it will let you know. Don't ignore it, just go with it.
  • sedric
    sedric Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i generally get about 5.5 to 6hrs a night.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I only get about 4.5 - 5.5 hours a night. 6 would feel like oversleeping at this point. I'd like to get more, but my natural circadian rhythm has me at 5/night on average. Even if I drink =T
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    6 week round. But I usually try for a nap on Saturday's and I almost always get a nap on Sundays after my long run. I've actually named it my "long run nap". I think it is the only way I survive since 6 is not enough for me, but it's really my only choice. :yawn:
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    7 to 8 hours
    Any more or less & I feel tired :ohwell:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    6-8. I work best on 8-9 though.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    on average, 7.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I try to get at least 4-5 hours but my sleep is split into two naps..I work overnight & I have things to do during the day..so I lay down & go to sleep for maybe 3 hours then I get up to do errands or other things that need to be taken care of..then at night I take a short hour sometimes 2 hr nap before I have to go to work...on my nights off I get 5-6 hours of sleep & sometimes I feel like I overslept ..I'm aware that in order to lose weight sleep plays a big factor on that but it's hard sometimes
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I aim for 8 but usually get 6-7.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Since I can remember, it's taken me about 2 hours every night to fall asleep. I try to go to bed by 10:30, which means I might be asleep by 12:30 and get 6 hours of actual sleep. I've tried everything- breathing, meditation, relaxing sounds, natural herbs, and finally found that generic Ambien really works for me, but I limit it to two nights a week. Good luck!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I get about 7.5-8.5, but that's what I need to finction properly throughout the day. It has been shown that women who get an average of 8 hours of sleep per night have a lower percentage of body fat (I have not heard stats for men, sorry). So, I would suggest maybe upping yours a little during the week.
    And a good way to determine how much sleep your body needs to be fully functional is to go to bed earlier than normal (allow for about 9 hours). Do this for a few weeks and your body will start waking you up when it does not need anymore sleep and you will know your "sleep number".
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I'm so jealous of all of u....Sleep and I have a love hate relationship:( Maybe 4-5 at the most!
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I get about 7 hrs on a weeknight and about 8-12 hrs on the weekend depending on what I've got planned.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I almost always get 8 , if i don't im SUPER cranky , even an hour less can ruin my whole day
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Around 6.5-7 hrs each night. It might be more if I didn't have to get up early to exercise before work some days!
  • zx6red
    zx6red Posts: 5
    Options
    i get about 7-8 and any later i feel slugish all day and just want to sleep.
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    At least 8 hrs.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    me and sleep get on very well. i always get at least 7 hours of sleep :]