Company Provided "Breakfast"

Options
I had to be to work and hour early this morning for our annual United Way Rally and our so-called "breakfast" that they supplied us was coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnuts:sad: . Having to get up earlier than usual I was unable to eat breakfast before going in. Because of limited staffing I have to work from 7am to 2 pm without a break and we are not allowed food in our offices. All that being said, i had to eat something so I had a doughnut. After adding it to my food log I'm kicking myself for not getting up earlier and eating, well, food. I feel like I'm on a sugar rush right now and I know that my hunger is gonna come back soon. :grumble: I guess I'm gonna have to do some extra exercises today to make up for it, but on a positive note I did learn a lesson today....Always leave time to have a good breakfast!!!!:happy:

Replies

• liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had to be to work and hour early this morning for our annual United Way Rally and our so-called "breakfast" that they supplied us was coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnuts:sad: . Having to get up earlier than usual I was unable to eat breakfast before going in. Because of limited staffing I have to work from 7am to 2 pm without a break and we are not allowed food in our offices. All that being said, i had to eat something so I had a doughnut. After adding it to my food log I'm kicking myself for not getting up earlier and eating, well, food. I feel like I'm on a sugar rush right now and I know that my hunger is gonna come back soon. :grumble: I guess I'm gonna have to do some extra exercises today to make up for it, but on a positive note I did learn a lesson today....Always leave time to have a good breakfast!!!!:happy:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Yes, it was a lesson learned. Don't you wish more companies were on track with healthy eating??

Well give it a little extra push today, burn off that doughnut, and forget about it!! But I know what you mean about the guilt!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    This is a situation that most probably will rear it's ugly head again. Perhaps you should prepare for this situation. Put a couple of packets of instant oatmeal and a couple of those little cans of fruit in your desk. I do this as well as keep a can of lite soup in case I don't pack my lunch. That way when you find youself running too late to eat you'll still have a healthy option at your fingertips.
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    that so sucks!!!!!

idk why but company breakfest makes me want a bagel SO FREAKING BAD!!!