Getting the 30 day shred,any advice?

Options
ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
Hi everyone.
I have been really unmotivated exercise wise the last couple of weeks so I bought a HRM earlier today. In lieu of that and the fact that I am only about 7 pounds away from getting in my goal range I have decided to get the 30 day shred. I don't want to end up being "skinny fat" and I have heard its great for losing inches,plus I have no excuse not to exercise if the dvd is right in my living room. Just wondering if you guys had some success stories to tell,or any advice for me going into it.

Replies

• McBoBo
    McBoBo Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm actually starting it tonight...I've seen lots of good things on here about it.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think it is a GREAT workout. The first two or three days will wear you down and you will be sore! But it is a great workout and you will see results if you stick with it!
  • ecahill91
    ecahill91 Posts: 69
    Options
    BUMP! I wanna hear about this too :) I've been thinking of trying it to boost my weight loss!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS on Saturday. I am finally not sore today! LOL I decided to put off starting it until next week as I am doing a benefit stair climb on Saturday and need the leg strength to run up 686 stairs!! I definitely felt, after just that 1 workout, that it would definitely work! My quads ached, my arms and chest, inner thighs,... all were sore. The legs were the worst of it. If it weren't for the stair climb I would have kept with it but Monday will have to be the new start date!! GOOD LUCK!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    While I have never used it the way you are suppose (30 days straight), I have used it and found it to be a good workout. The first time I used it, I could barely move the next day (probably more of a statement of how out of shape I was than how hard of a workout it is). My only complaint with the whole DVD is that you can just FF to the part you want as they have some type of block on it. Plus I get tired of hearing Jillian talk, would rather have music. But once I learned the program, I could mute her out! I think you will be pleased with the results!
  • kctbo
    kctbo Posts: 29
    Options
    I love the video. I was sore the first few days of using it, but what is the old saying "No pain No gain........My legs, butt, and thighs love it now. My arms are starting to look better also. It is so worth the $9 to $10 bucks for it. Go out and buy it today! I am looking to buying the Cardio they have out also.
  • RuthieHM
    RuthieHM Posts: 8
    Options
    Has anyone tried her 6-week six-pack video? If so, what are your opinions on it?
  • ambie35
    Options
    What is this program we are discussing?

the 30 day shred workout video by Jillian Michaels.
  • RuthieHM
    RuthieHM Posts: 8
    Options
    Haha, yeah.....I googled it and figured it out. Then I saw her ab video, which looks good.
  • sdckc6528
    sdckc6528 Posts: 19
    Options
    I completed Day 7 of Level 2 today and so far I have lost a few inches from my waiste and a couple inches from my hips. I am losing elsewhere as well but these are the most dramatic changes! The first 3 days are definitely hard and I was extremely sore afterwards but well worth it!
  • ambie35
    Options
    I completed Day 7 of Level 2 today and so far I have lost a few inches from my waiste and a couple inches from my hips. I am losing elsewhere as well but these are the most dramatic changes! The first 3 days are definitely hard and I was extremely sore afterwards but well worth it!

Everyone seems to say its the first 3-4 days that are the hardest. Hopefully I can make it through!
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Day 5 is when I finally started to feel less pain! It is so worth it though so just push through the first few days. I will be on day 7 today and I have lost a 1/2 inch from my waist and from my hips so far. I can't wait to see what day 30 brings!!
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I did it between Jan-Feb. I didn't lose a lot of weight, but I did lose inches and definitely toned up. I would recommend mixing up the levels so you're not working the exact same muscles every day. That helped me cut down on soreness and boredom of doing the same routine every day.
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 28 - 2 days away from finishing my first round of 30DS and I can tell you it is awesome!

I've lost weight AND inches...about 5 pounds lost overall and I'm not sure how many inches exactly, I just know that my clothes are fitting more loosely.

Since each level is only 20 minutes, that helps motivate me to do it every single day. Some days when I just don't feel like doing anything, I just remind myself "it's only 20 minutes long..." and it goes by so quickly. :) I highly recommend it! I think after day 30, I will take a couple days off of it and do something else, but I plan on starting it all over again in another week or so!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in and adding that I started on Friday and today is the first day I'm feeling better to try day #2!!! Man I was in some pain!! My legs KILLED ME!!!

I'm ready to keep going EVERYDAY now...but there was NO way I could have done it the past few days with the pain that I had.
  • cmflaf
    cmflaf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try to do it everyday....its just 20 some odd minutes!!! i've been doing it for 30 days and yes i missed a couple of days but i've seen results!!!
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am on day five (although I took a couple of days off because my knees hurt so bad, finally bought knee braces).

I feel guilty if I don't do it before I get dressed for work. I feel great after. I even made it a little easier on myself by wearing what I will work out in to bed LOL (tshirt and shorts) I put my shoes and socks on during the ad phase of the DVD. If you dont want to wait for the ads, just leave the DVD in workout mode (on the menu) and that way you wont have to watch all the filler info.

I hope to see results at the end. I have taken my 'before' pics.

My advice is to try it out and see if you like it. Try not to force yourself to do it because you may not stick to it if its not fun for you.

Good luck!
  • keebers1
    keebers1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a few weeks and LOVE IT! I've cursed her out, that's how I get through it, lol. The first few days were killer. Luckily, I have it on my exercise on demand channel. After a couple weeks, I got bored with it, so I alternate it with the Biggest Loser Last Chance workout she has as well. And her mouth does get annoying after a few days so I mute her and put on music. But it absolutely works!!
  • altorock13
    altorock13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This was the workout that I used when I first started working out and combined with a good nutrition plan I lost 15 lbs in the first month. I lost another 15 in the next two months using this and a cardio video. It works, but you have to put into it what you expect to get out of it. If you are stopping a lot during the video, you won't see the results you want.
  • ambie35
    Options
    This was the workout that I used when I first started working out and combined with a good nutrition plan I lost 15 lbs in the first month. I lost another 15 in the next two months using this and a cardio video. It works, but you have to put into it what you expect to get out of it. If you are stopping a lot during the video, you won't see the results you want.

Thanks,Im on my last ten pounds and I have not been working a shard as I know I can so far. I am determined to give whatever it takes to lose the inches,since thats whats more important at this point vs actual weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!