Getting the 30 day shred,any advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I've ordered it too and am hoping it will arrive tomorrow!
  • GettingFit45
    GettingFit45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Exercise was foreign to me up until lately...well...I did do some for around 6 mos or so when I quit smoking 10 years ago but since I've been pretty sedentary. Anyway, although I loved this workout (not so much Miss Jillian just the workout) I'm disappointed with the results.

Granted I'm not trying to lose weight (I'm 5'4 & 122lbs which is the most I've ever weighed) but I wanted to lose inches. I lost an inch on the bustline and an inch on my hips. It was my waist, tummy/muffin tops I wanted results from but nada there as far as I can tell.

I've stayed within the calorie guidelines (1230 calories per day and yes I eat back my exercise cals)...actually I've had to increase my food because apparently I wasn't eating enough most days before I started this fitness kick. So I've done a minimum of 30 (sometimes 45-60 mins) minutes of cardio/abs/weights etc since Feb 7/11 almost everyday (took maybe 3 days off but usually walked 5km to work if I didn't do Shred or a Turbo fire class).

Could it be because I started out too weak and mushy so results were less than expected?? I dunno...please don't tell me it's because I'm 45!! Don't get me wrong I feel very good and stronger. Much more stamina than before but still where's the INCH LOSS!? :sad:
  • marniebigelow
    Options
    My only complaint with the whole DVD is that you can just FF to the part you want as they have some type of block on it. Plus I get tired of hearing Jillian talk, would rather have music. But once I learned the program, I could mute her out! I think you will be pleased with the results!

I agree! I like Jillian, but I hate hearing her say the same thing everyday. But this is why I have had issues doing any video I hate the audio repetion. So I will be muting her as well and putting on my favorite workout music, you like Rocky! LOL :bigsmile:
  • GettingFit45
    GettingFit45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    LOL sorry...I didn't mean to make your topic about ME! :D I was just so bummed about it. I still have 6 days to go so maybe the magic will happen. ;)

I would recommend this workout for sure. Just not crazy about Ms Jillian. I'd rather listen to Chalene for sure. :)

Best of luck!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I posted my before and after pics in the success stories forum after completing the 30 day shred.... go take a look! My advice is to push through the first few days of pain and commit. You will get results if you put the effort in! Good luck!
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I actually just started this yesterday. II did it again this morning and I am sore! My arms, chest and legs hurt, BUT that kind of let's me know that I'm at least doing it right. (or something right) I'm going to be taking a couple Saturdays off, but that's just my choice for it.

I also have a hard time listening to her voice. I actually wrote down the workout and I think I'm just going to turn on some music and do the workout myself. Once you get how long you need to do each set you don't need to hear her voice. As long as you do it the right amount of seconds. (If any of that made sense at all)
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If you want to see the results I had, you are welcome to go to my profile and look at my before and after pics. The befores are 4 days into the Shred and the afters are after day 28. I did it every single day for 28 days and then suffered an injury that forced me to stop. I felt that my progress in the 24 days between photos was super. I've never seen my body change that fast!
  • stephc71885
    stephc71885 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i just did it for the first time today. i'm surprised everyone is saying how hard the leg portion was because I think the upper body stuff is the hardest! the first move is pushups.. i can't even do one LOL! That being said, it was only 20 minutes, which is manageable, and I feel terrific afterwards. I'm so glad I did it. I'm sticking with level one for a little bit since it's on demand, and when it starts to get easier I will order the rest. Good luck!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I actually just started this yesterday. II did it again this morning and I am sore! My arms, chest and legs hurt, BUT that kind of let's me know that I'm at least doing it right. (or something right) I'm going to be taking a couple Saturdays off, but that's just my choice for it.

I also have a hard time listening to her voice. I actually wrote down the workout and I think I'm just going to turn on some music and do the workout myself. Once you get how long you need to do each set you don't need to hear her voice. As long as you do it the right amount of seconds. (If any of that made sense at all)

You can turn her voice off if you are using the dvd... it's an option on all or most of her dvd's, then you just work out to music. Hope this helps, I sometimes turn Jillian off too LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!