MFP Cycling Gang 10/06

Options
2»

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Went on a hike today, so I didn't ride. Tomorrow I'm doing a poker ride with three other buddies, It's about an hour away and in the mountains. Should be fun and beautiful. Plus who knows, I might win something.
  • bellmom627
    Options
    Just got back from a 20 mile ride. It was a nice day - cold in the morning, runny nose and fogged glasses and etc, but I stripped off the top layers after about twenty minutes on the road and it turned out to be a really great time. I was riding with my husband and two friends - one of whom was running on little sleep so we were a little slower than I would've liked, but everyone was happy at the end, so it was a success.
  • bellmom627
    Options
    Okay, I am a devoted Mountain Biker, but I'm starting to have road bike envy.

Well Dot, I must say that I LOVED my Trek hybrid. I loved it even though my husband said that nothing could compare to a road bike. As I was riding my new road bike today, I thought "you couldn't pay me money to get back on that hybrid"! Good thing I made a trade!!!

LOL--yep! I feel the same way. But I kept mine because we did enjoy the rails-to-trails ride we did and want to do more. And, it wouldn't be great on a road bike. We're hoping to break away to go to one up in PA soon.

I definitely have MOUNTAIN BIKE envy! We were hiking the other day and there were so many road bikes on the trails! WANT one as soon as finances get back in check - of course with the economy's current status it's not looking so hot...

I love my mountain bike and love to get off road, out in nature and bang around in the rocks, and gullies, but that's like hiking, I'm not worried about speed, I'm just enjoying God's splendor. On those occations that I do a road ride on my mountain bike it's long and slow going, and speed counts. I'm with Shore, I need both.