Dwelling on 1200 calories

Options
I ate 1200 calories or less for the longest time when I first started on here. It worked well for me, I lost the weight, and was satisfied with my meals. I also worked out each day and burned anywhere from 300-500 cals, but never ate them back. That also worked well for me.
The past month or so, I've been eating my allotted 1200 calories, and then most of my exercise calories too. And I've been using these calories up on foods that I don't really need. An extra granola bar after lunch, a scoop of ice cream after supper, stuff that I really don't need in my body.
Now my thing is, that since eating differently I've been maintaining and that worries me, and I'm being obsessive, but yet tonight, I ate that leftover cheesecake I had sitting in my fridge-- after avoiding it for the 2+ hours I was home, I ate dinner, and then sweet tooth came a-callin' and so down went that cheesecake. AHHHH.
I'm fine with going over 1200 cals by 50-80cals, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is getting back control of what I'm putting into my mouth and stop being so obsessed. But I don't know how.....
Has anyone had similar issues? I'd love to know what you think or what got you through it!

Replies

• JodiLouLou
    JodiLouLou Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    <raising hand> I don't know why I started doing it but it took me getting really mad at myself to stop it again. That probably doesn't help but I think you have to get into the fed up mode again. I also find it helpful to workout right after work, I don't want to eat the junk after that. Nothing like a workout high!
  • brafordrm
    brafordrm Posts: 19
    Options
    I feel your pain. Just make sure you keep tracking. As long as you are aware of it, you will stay in control. If you had problems with overeating in the past, and you start to become slack about tracking your nutrition, that will be where you falter.

I have had a couple high calorie days lately, and it helps my peace of mind when I compensate by exercising a little bit longer the following day. If you start telling yourself that you will never eat a certain kind of food again, you are setting yourself up for failure.

I get the nighttime munchies as well. Making yourself a hot cup of tea with just a little bit of honey works wonders. You get to satisfy the oral fixation and a little bit of the sweet tooth.

Good luck!
  • JodiLouLou
    JodiLouLou Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ...and holy cow, you look fabulous! Great job on the wait loss, you should be very proud of all you have accomplished!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you've just plateau-ed & you'll continue losing again in a few weeks, otherwise switch things up, add in a workout if you'll be eating extra or stop eating your exercise calories again, maybe add more protein, fiber, & water so you're not as hungry. you can do this. :o)
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    Options
    don't deny your self food just moderate it. instead of eating the whole slice of cheese cake (because we all know that cheese cake is a need) just eat only half or a third of it. when i break down and go to bk for fries instead of getting an XL like i used to i get a small so i still get the taste of it in my mouth i just limit how much i eat.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    okay i read your post but completely forgot what it said when i went to look at your pics, you look fantastic!
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120
    Options
    I think those of us on this long journey to lose a lot of weight all go through this, so don't think you're going crazy or anything. You're just working really hard and want that last 20 to come off so you're being restrictive & proabably worrying about it too much.

I really think you need to start eating your exercise cals + the 1200. Also mix up your cardio routine & make sure you are doing strength training 3 days a week. Bet that will shock your system & equal a steady new pace of loss.

Remember how far you've come chicky--- you've done so great!!! Celebrate life with that occasional bite of cheesecake or cookie, just log it & move on. You are soooooo consistent you will get there!

<HUSGS!!!!>