women who are 5'7-5'8...

Options
looking to see what women around my height have as their goal weight. Mine is 135 but I am not sure if that is too high/low or just right.

thanks! :))

Replies

• hevans88
    hevans88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height - but looking at 160 ... top end of the healthy BMI ....
    After that we'll see
  • Dawnersaurus
    Dawnersaurus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height. I think your goal is reasonable as long as you're losing your weight in a healthy manner and your workout goals are reasonable. Keep it up! You're doing wonderful :)
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-8"..my goal is also 135. I'm currently 158. It's a healthy BMI but I've never been skinny and I think I'd like to give it a shot
    :)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Did you use the BMI calculator on here under Tools? It will tell you what your healthy BMI weight range is, based on your height. :wink:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    i'm a bit over...5'8.5" and my goal weight is 145.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i am 5 foot 3 and my max is supposed to be 135. so i think your 135 is too low, you are a woman not a twig. you need some curves. you don't need to look like a boy and you need body fat to protect your organs.
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    looking to see what women around my height have as their goal weight. Mine is 135 but I am not sure if that is too high/low or just right.

thanks! :))

I am 5ft 7 (and a half!!) lol I have mine at 130 I did have it at 135 but to be honest as long as I get into the 30's I'll be happy :)
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 175 and I'm 5'8", but I have always had a lot of muscle and bigger bone structure (no it's not an excuse for being fat lol).
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I think it's reasonable as long as you get there slowly. I'm 5'10" and my goal is going to be 140-160lbs depending on how I look. I just set it at 150lbs for now. I would just get a goal RANGE versus a specific number. A lot of times we obsess on the number but really, you can look WAY better at 150 than 135 if you have muscle at 150 and not at 135. JMO.
  • Vicki_78
    Vicki_78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i'm about 5'7ish and i am right around 130..... not looking to loose anymore, just wanting to tone & maintain now
  • bizybee316
    bizybee316 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", my goal is 150
  • Tencie0615
    Tencie0615 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    im 5'7 and talked to my dr last week about a healthy goal weight for me and he said for my height and small frame a healthy weight would be 145.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    5'7" (and a half) 150 lbs is GW but 140 (morning weight) is still healthy for me, barely.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7", with a slight frame. my goal weight is 120lbs!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'mj 5'7 and weigh between 130 and 135. You should be fine at 135.
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and trying to get the last 6 lbs off to be at 130. I'm into BMI and i want to be at 18, I'm resting at 20 now.
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8 or 5'9 and have been in the 130's for years. It seems to be the weight my body is supposed to stay at I guess.
  • k_b_fit
    k_b_fit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5". I would love to be skinny but I am trying to be reasonable with my goal because I have I hard time sticking to a healthy lifestyle. I am aiming for 145.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8 and to be in the middle of average on the bmi scale it said to be 145lb so I have set my target at that. I however have a lot of muscle from my lifting job and a big frame. Looking at photos of when I was younger and weighed around 145lb I looked ill. Still set it as my target but if I start to look underweight I will stop. Its really difficult to use bmi to get a proper target.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 & my ultimate goal is 140-145. You're in the healthy range so go for it if you're comfortable with it. Even though we're all 5'-7ish/5'8ish, we all have different sized frames, different muscle mass. Just stay healthy & stay smart about it. You'll know the closer you get. Good luck!