BMR difference

Options
when I calculate my BMR under the tools tab its telling me that mine is 1307 but when I click on my goals tab its telling me its 1700-something. I have lost 10 pounds since I signed up so Im wondering if the goals tab is still calculating my BMR from my starting weight.
Any advice on how to fix it,or which one would be accurate?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    BMR is not the same as maintenance calories. BMR is what you burn just lying in bed all day. Maintenance calories is BMR + daily activity.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    in that case shouldn't that number be way higher then my BMR number and not 500 less?
  • iamwildarose
    iamwildarose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This does not seem to be updating for me also. I am still loosing- but when would my calories drop and will they do it on their own? Not that I really want them to drop right now:wink:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    in that case shouldn't that number be way higher then my BMR number and not 500 less?

It is. Your BMR is 1307. Your maintenance calories are 1700, which is more than your BMR.
  • ambie35
    Options
    can't help you with that one,I started off with 1200 so I definitely don't want mine to drop any lower!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just looked and there is a difference in mine too. My BMR is 1633 and my calories burn from normal daily activity is over 2300 calories. A big difference. Now you have me to wondering the same thing...lol!
  • ambie35
    Options
    BMR is not the same as maintenance calories. BMR is what you burn just lying in bed all day. Maintenance calories is BMR + daily activity.

I am so dense,sorry I just got it.
    *hangs head in shame*
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is more because you are trying to create a deficit to lose weight.