One small Victory my Peeps!!

Options
Cordy_in_CT
Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
Today I had a package of dark chocolate dipped Easter "peeps" in my hand. I contemplated. They looked so good and I had seen them recently in a magazine. I checked the calories, and decided that my daily calories are too "precious" to waste on Peeps. I also thought of how hard I work at the gym to burn 110 calories (what the peeps were). It just wasn't worth it. I put them back on the shelf! It was a conscious decision. In the past I would have bought them, eaten them in my car, then hid the "evidence." I love Myfitnesspal - and all you supportive Peeps!!!!:wink:

Replies

• nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That's definitely a victory. All those small changes and will power moments add up! Keep it up:0)
  • 4Calix
    4Calix Posts: 38
    Options
    Right On!!!!
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Great control! Congrats! The awesome feeling of defeating the temptation never gets old!!! :bigsmile:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Awesome victory!!! I haven't yet purchased my evil Cadbury Creme Eggs... by now I usually have had a dozen or so... I consider that a small victory as well!!!!

Yay for MFP!!!
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yay you. That is a big moment I think! I am starting to make the same kind of decisions based on the cost: benefit ratio. Working my *kitten* off every day just for that fleeting momentary pleasure is just not a big enough payoff now.

Be proud of yourself today!
  • Buckwheat38
    Options
    that's quite a success, you must be really proud, i sure would :)
  • Trinarene
    Trinarene Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    small victories will get you to your goal. That's the way to do it!! Count all victories!!! Good for you : )
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself.
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Excellent job on your willpower!!!:smile:
  • sfcop311
    sfcop311 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have done the same thing all week.... l LOVE Easter candy..... I put down a bag of jelly beans and picked up some roasted soy beans... I just think of how many calories are in the 23 jelly beans and who can only eat 23. I would eat half of the bag.

Great job on putting down the peeps...
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I know. The package had 2 in it. I had a little conversation with myself - "well, you could eat just one" - then "no, you know you will eat both" which of course, I would have. Glad I didn't bother! :)
  • smcgrath29
    Options
    the best thing to do with peeps if you get any this easter... put them in the microwave and watch them blow up! hahahaha! :laugh:
  • grandmaJMB
    grandmaJMB Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    good job!!!! Like someone once said on here, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" That is now my motto.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    In the past I would have bought them, eaten them in my car, then hid the "evidence." I love Myfitnesspal - and all you supportive Peeps!!!!:wink:

I used to do that all the time (eating in the car and hiding the evidence). I'm happy to say I don't anymore. Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!