Darn Girl Scouts!

Options
Does anyone else currently despise the girl scouts and their delicious cookies? Ugh, I only bought 3 boxes this year (a HUGE improvement) and I want them gone! I look in my freezer and I see Tagalongs....YUMMY! Why do they have to taste so good? Those little girls are so cute and you just can't help but buy them, these were purchased from my best friend's daughter, my favorite little girl...

Someone please come eat them!!!! I want them gone, why won't my fiancee' and my kids eat them already?

Anyone else feel this way? I need help!

Replies

• Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My daughter is one of those cute little Girl Scouts...imagine how many boxes we have in our house! I just try not to get started because it's so hard to stop when you start. Good luck!
  • Sharonbed4d
    Sharonbed4d Posts: 163
    Options
    I recently experienced the same thing except I bought 9 boxes and thin mints are my weakness!! I've been good about not touching them for the past week but now that I read your post it reminded me of how yummy they are:)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Throw them out then.

Buying cookies from the little crack dealers :tongue: is about contributing to a charity. They got your money to go camping or whatever their big project is this year. If the cookies are driving you nuts, throw them out.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad we don't get that in England!
  • gardengram
    gardengram Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to support the girls but just buy the cookies and do not take the cookies, its a donation.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? You know you can purchase them and then donate them to the troops. But they are so good My daughter is 22 and still a girl scout
  • tnfphelan
    tnfphelan Posts: 23
    Options
    I feel the same way. I told someone today that I need them out of my house. My favorite is thin mints and I keep grabbing 2 at a time. I bought 2 boxes of thin mints and lots of samoas. I won't eat the samoas but I keep grabbing the thin mints. I guess I will be doing extra time at the gym the rest of the week and probably will not lose anything. Good luck.
  • SisterC
    SisterC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Donate them to the food shelves in your area; that's what I did. Think I felt as good about that as I would have if I would haven eaten them! Stay strong, SisterC
  • seemae
    seemae Posts: 38
    Options
    I KNOW. We just got our Girl Scout cookies today and I almost cried I was so excited and mortified at the same time. I was good and only had 2 Tagalongs and 1 of the carmel-y kind (deuce de... something..), but I'm refusing to open the Thin Mints or Samosas because I feel like I couldn't possibly stop myself from eating the whole box in one sitting!

It doesn't help that it's that TOM... such an evil, baaaad combo.

Maybe try and use the cookies as a reward for being more active. Like, carry less groceries at one time and make more trips in between the car and house and eat a cookie or two as a reward for the extra walking - that sort of thing. That way you can feel less guilty about snacking on them.
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I love Samoas! Everytime I see the girl scouts at the store, I say no. I did buy one box to support them, and the cookies were gone in 2 days.

Sharon
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am with you all the way! My weakness is Samoas! Those cookies just call my name.:grumble:
  • scott4175
    scott4175 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just give them a cash donation instead. They were happy to get the money for there troop! :-)
  • danger2011
    danger2011 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree throw them OUT! I have no self control for sweets. If we have company and dessert is left over, I throw it OUT! Because I would just continue to eat and eat it until I felt totally guilty and sick!! LOL!
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...Darn girl scout came to work with discounted cookies!!!!I'm please i haven't dipped into them quite yet and it has been 3 days!!!
  • seemae
    seemae Posts: 38
    Options
    Throw them out then.

Buying cookies from the little crack dealers :tongue: is about contributing to a charity. They got your money to go camping or whatever their big project is this year. If the cookies are driving you nuts, throw them out.

Nooo! That's mortifying, just wasting food like that! Give them to someone if you want them out of the house that bad. But don't just throw them away.
  • MissEllie0426
    Options
    I am so with you here...I was a Girl Scout growing up and it is important to me to support the organization that meant so much to me...but right now I grumble each time I open my freezer and see that green Thin Mint box...I want them gone so badly I actually put 2 in my 1st graders lunch bag this morning...they will be gone soon!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I know how good those cookies are. Samoas were always my favorite. I just don't buy them anymore. There is a new fiber bar from Kelloggs that tastes just like them. 9 grams of fiber, 120 calories, and soooo yummy. If you want to support Girl Scouts, then I suggest donating the money instead. Give the cookies to a food pantry so they can no longer tempt you. Good luck!!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm still trying to unload a bunch of boxes that we got stuck with after cookie sales were done. The Operation Sweet Treat program might still be going on, and I'm sure they'll do it next year, where you can buy cookies, the money goes to the troops, but the cookies go overseas to the troops. Something to keep in mind for next year.

And yeah, I'd about bet they put crack in those things. Those peanut butter patties are lethal.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i would work out for a day straight if i could eat a box of Samoas right now
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    For all you Thin Mint fans - have you tried the dessert sensations mint chocolate chip chewing gum. Only 5 calories. I know it's not the same but it satisfies my chocolate cravings sometimes. :laugh: