Looking for slow cooker recipes

Options
Does anyone have any healthy recipes for a slow cooker? With my husbands and my schedules during the week, it really is the best way for us to feed our family a good meal at a decent hour during the week.

Replies

• aprildpettitt
    Options
    Does anyone have any healthy recipes for a slow cooker? With my husbands and my schedules during the week, it really is the best way for us to feed our family a good meal at a decent hour during the week.
    Options
    I know what you mean about the slow cooker. :happy:
    I do alot of chicken with carrots. Beans with salt pork. 15 bean soup. Split pea soup with ham. Roast (beef or Pork) with carrots and potatoes. Corned beef and cabage. Chicken noodle soup. What about fish with a salad and maybe rice and vege's total time from prep to table about 30 minutes. How about soup and salad. What about Gumbo with shrimp. Turkey burger's with pork and beans. If I can remember any more I'll post them. Have a great day!:smile:

Sally
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Chicken(things work well) with a jar of salsa....

EASY and yummy!
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This was a recipe in this section.... I don't know if you saw it but, I've tried it and it is DEEEEE licious!!!!

Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients:
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
    Add chicken to slow cooker.
    Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
    Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
    Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
    Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
    Serve with rice.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 157.2
    Total Fat: 3.3 g
    Cholesterol: 63.4 mg
    Sodium: 654.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 6.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
    Protein: 24.3 g
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I use www.sparkreciepe.com its a great website. I only use it for the reciepes.
  • bronco72
    Options
    Black Bean Chicken Chilli

2 Cans of Corn
    2 Frozen boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
    1 packet of Taco seasoning
    2 cans Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
    1 Jar Chunky Salsa ( I like Pace Hot)

Add corn to bottom of crokpot, Place chicken on top of corn.
    Sprinkle on taco seasoning.
    Pour in Salsa, then add both cans of beans ( I risne them in the can just till water is clear to remove any gritt)
    Cook on low for 4-6 hours. When done cooking remove chicken and cut inso bite size pieces then return to pot.

Serve with choice of low fat cheese or low fat sour cream.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Chicken Chilli

2 Cans of Corn
    2 Frozen boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
    1 packet of Taco seasoning
    2 cans Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
    1 Jar Chunky Salsa ( I like Pace Hot)

Add corn to bottom of crokpot, Place chicken on top of corn.
    Sprinkle on taco seasoning.
    Pour in Salsa, then add both cans of beans ( I risne them in the can just till water is clear to remove any gritt)
    Cook on low for 4-6 hours. When done cooking remove chicken and cut inso bite size pieces then return to pot.

Serve with choice of low fat cheese or low fat sour cream.

Gotta love my black beans!:tongue:

Nutrional content on this recipe, serving size etc.?????????:drinker:
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    Low Fat Crockpot Pork and Sweet Potato Stew

Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 9 hours,
    Ingredients:

* 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
    * 1 large onion, chopped
    * 2 stalks celery
    * 1 large Granny Smith Apple, cut into chunks
    * 1 large carrot, sliced
    * 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat, and cut into chunks
    * 1/2 cup apple cider
    * 3/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
    * 1/2 tsp rosemary
    * 1/2 tsp sage
    * Freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:
    Spray the inside of a 3-4 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Lay vegetables on the bottom of the crockpot, followed by pork. Pour apple cider and chicken broth over the pork and vegetables, and add herbs. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours. To thicken the juices, make a cornstarch slurry from 1/4 cup cornstarch and a 1/4 cup water, and stir into the stew about half an hour before serving.

Serves 4.

Per Serving: Calories 321, Calories from Fat 41, Total Fat 4.6g (sat 1.4g), Cholesterol 72mg, Sodium 119mg, Carbohydrate 43.2g, Fiber 6.5g, Protein 26.8g

Compliments of About.com
  • TexasBuckeye
    Options
    Slow Cooker Chicken Taco stew

1 onion chopped
    1 16 oz can black beans
    1 16 oz can kidney beans
    1 16 oz can corn drained
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipes is Crock Pot Spaghetti.

(sorry-I never measure when I cook so I'll estimate. Feel free to adjust as you see fit)

Chop whatever veggies you like for spaghetti sauce-an onion, a green pepper, some mushrooms, shredded carrots, chopped zucchini, etc. Add to Crock Pot with a jar of spaghetti sauce. If I don't want a vegetarian sauce, I'll add a pound of cooked, drained, extra lean ground turkey. Cook for several hours on high until the veggies are soft.

I know this sounds weird, but add a large 32 oz. can of V8 juice along with a half box of whole wheat or Barilla plus spaghetti. Cook until the pasta is done-really only takes about 20 minutes or so.

The flavor from the sauce is sucked up into the pasta. Top with cheese and serve.
  • forcedbyangels
    Options
    I actually have like a weight watchers cookbook for a crockpot that someone found me. I am going to try and find the link for you. Its a huge book too.
  • TexasBuckeye
    Options
    sorry every time I try to put the recipe in...my puter acts weird. Found the recipe on the recipe calculator site. :sad:
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    There is a recipe calculator site???
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    There is a recipe calculator site???

Yes - www.sparkpeople.com

You enter in all the ingredients for your recipe (the Food Search is exactly like the one here, so it's very easy to use), how many servings it makes, and you can even list all the directions for the recipe and share it with others on the site! Once you enter the ingredients, it will calculate the nutritional information for you, and you can save it for later use. I enter the recipe there, and then I use the nutritional information to enter a personal food on this website to track it.
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    I almost forgot - I like to use www.eatingwell.com for receipes. You can search specifically for Slow Cooker/Crock Pot recipes, plus the site is designed with healthier eating and healthier living in mind.
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Thanks for the calorie counting site. I will be using it.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    www.allrecipes.com is also a great website for recipes!! My fav !
  • stephi92569
    Options
    I just got all kinds of recipies from one of my girlfriends. If anyone would like, I can email it to them. It is in a PDF format and it is a total of 210 pages. There are a lot of awesome looking recipes on here.

Stephanie
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I got creative with some ground turkey, a can of tomatoes and my crockpot. This is the resulting dish. Not only did I love it, but both my kids and my neighbor's daughter all went to town on it!

Good for you Pastitsio
    Ingredients

3/4 lb lean ground turkey
    1 can crushed tomatoes
    1/2 t salt
    1/2 t fresh ground pepper
    1 t garlic powder
    1 t cumin
    1 t coriander
    1/2 t cinnamon
    1/4 t ground nutmeg
    2-3 small sprigs basil
    5 sprigs fresh mint
    1 c dry elbow macaroni
    3/4 c reduced fat feta

Directions

Combine turkey, tomatoes, herbs and spices in a crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
    Preheat oven to 375.
    Cook pasta 8 minutes. Drain and combine with turkey mixture. Pour into a casserole dish, sprinkle with feta and bake for 15-20 minutes.
    Makes about 5-1 cup servings

Number of Servings: 5

Calories 218.6, Fat 8.8g, Sat Fat 3.7, Carbs 15.5, Dietary Fiber 2.5g, Protein 21g
    The full nutritional content is listed in the food database as "AK's home made low fat pastitsio"
  • trinluv
    trinluv Posts: 12
    Options
    This is an awesome site! just click on the meal & it gives you the recipes!

copy n paste

http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipes/SearchResults.aspx?CriteriaIds=4_20

OR

http://www.mealsforyou.com/cgi-bin/recipeGadget?gadget.slowcooker