Any P90X beginners out there? Join me!

Options
Ok I am NOT talking about the people who just started and can crank out 20 pushups on their toes... Im talking to the people who have started... and struggle but just keep pushing play!

Come on you have to be out there... lets discuss our struggles and help each other!

Replies

• aimdawson
    aimdawson Posts: 31
    Options
    I am thinking about it. I want to. I really do. I am a cardio freak so I know I need the mix up.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    You should do it. I am a cardio freak too ... I do some modifications of the schedule. I make sure to get in my strength stuff for sure, but I sub out running for alot of the other cardio. I just love running so much but once I am done I just dont have enough to be able to bring for another DVD!
  • toni429
    toni429 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also just started 2 days ago and it's tough. I do push ups on my knees for now I can only do a few on my toes. The pull ups hopefully some day. But so far I like it. I also go to the gym 3 days and do a cycle class. I have done cycle for awhile now, so I purchased p90x for some upper body workout. I do not do the diet that came with it, I try to write down what I eat and do ww plus. Keep me posted on how your doing!
    :smile:
  • FrodoB
    FrodoB Posts: 19
    Options
    I started Feb 21. But I actually did a "soft start" a few weeks earlier. I took it easy, learned the exercises, learned the proper technique, and got into shape so I could sort of get through the discs without dying. Then on Feb 21, I started the program for real. I must finished the first phase and started phase 2 yesterday. It has been very hard, but rewarding.
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Toni: Welcome! I am also doing the pushups on my knees (cant quite do one yet on my toes) but I am seeing improvement every time, so this is awesome! I am reding Phase 1 because I eased into the program (afraid of hurting myself) but it has been great so far. Stay in touch and post on the thread! :)
  • Liliasmama
    Options
    I am on my first round week 2 day 3!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    I started Feb 21. But I actually did a "soft start" a few weeks earlier. I took it easy, learned the exercises, learned the proper technique, and got into shape so I could sort of get through the discs without dying. Then on Feb 21, I started the program for real. I must finished the first phase and started phase 2 yesterday. It has been very hard, but rewarding.

I did a soft start too ... I spent the first 3 weeks doing half of each of the videos working my way up to the full videos. I skipped my recovery week and started Phase 1 hardcore this week!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    I am on my first round week 2 day 3!

Welcome -- how is it going for you?
  • lornainak
    lornainak Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Emma- I am loving the program but like toni429 I have challenges with the nutritional guide and don't do it at all... too much work goes into it. I did purchase the recovery drink and power bars and love both.. really really love the recovery drink and it helps after a good workout. I am having a bit of challenge with an hour of XXXXXTreme Yoga! afte 15 min into the cd I see everyone on the cd sweating up a storm and they must have the heat on at 101 degrees when doing the yoga cd..... I can only muster up a half hour of yoga and I can't sweat for the life of me on this particular workout. All others I manage to sweat like crazy and I have see results after 4 weeks... I have started on week 5 and in my 4th day of it... Bring It!
  • Liliasmama
    Options
    [/quote]

Welcome -- how is it going for you?
    [/quote]

Thanks! So far, so good. I love it! I eat clean already, so I am doing good on food. I sometimes have trouble getting all my calories in, but working on it! I LOVE the workouts! I feel so energized afterwards! Good luck!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    How is everyone doing out there?
    Today was Legs and Back for me and I made it 2/3 of the way through the video... my legs were completely gassed though after that!
  • Liliasmama
    Options
    same video for me also, this is one of my favorites, I feel it the whole day!!
  • neesono
    neesono Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting week 2 in less than an hour.

I am no stud and Tony spent the first week teaching me that and thoroughly emasculating me :-)

I purchased P90X in 2007 and it sat in closets, and drawers, and on shelves....until last week.

I found that I wasn't able to squeeze into something that I really wanted to wear and that I wasn't able to play hard with my kiddos. That was it. Finding MFP was what really gave me the final push I needed to get started.

I have knee and wrist problems and can't do a single pull up (yet!). But I follow some of the alternate methods of the exercises and I'm able to Bring It!

I'm not following the nutrition guide but I am logging in here at MFP religiously (still tweaking my diet).

After week 3 I'm thinking of switching over to Lean to see if I can slim those love handles a bit faster.

I've got a journal that I started where I log my progress. Every exercise and all the reps I am able to do. If it helps, use my journal as inspiration or if you need a quick laugh (my numbers are looooow lol)

So good luck everyone! I am very motivated to do this and if there is anything I can do to help anyone just let me know! And of course any advice is always welcome.

Keep Pushing Play!
  • neesono
    neesono Posts: 61
    Options
    I am thinking about it. I want to. I really do. I am a cardio freak so I know I need the mix up.

If you're into more cardio you could do the "Lean" version of P90X instead of the "Classic" version.