share your eggplant recipes

Options
ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
I bought a small eggplant today,have been wanting to try it for quite some time now. Was thinking of grilling it/ panfrying with other veggies.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• drohde12
    drohde12 Posts: 22
    Options
    I love to sautee eggplant (cut into chunks) garlic and onion in a little extra virgin olive oil until tender. Then add a can of diced tomatoes and heat through until everything is warm. Take the pan off the heat and throw in spinach and let it wilt.

I usually mix with israeli cous cous, but it would be good with any grain or even pasta.
  • andrea777
    andrea777 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Make your eggplant however you wish and turn it into a panini with a sprinkle of some low fat cheese! YUM!
    I like to just spray a little pam on it and lightly coat w/ panko then put it in a wheat tortilla flat w/ a sprinkle of cheese tomato and some seasoning...delicious!
  • RadGirl2013
    Options
    I must admit I just started on this whole 1200 calorie thing...so my recipe is probably not the healthiest and should only be eating in VERY small portions on a day that you save up your calories but its from Buddy " Cake Boss" he has a new show called "Food Boss" I think. This used to be one of me and my husbands favorite things to cook together

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/chicken-sorrentino-fusilli-recipe.htm