NSV - women only...

Options
petithamu
petithamu Posts: 582 Member
I think this is a bit of a success...I've had a steady TOM for 3 months straight now. Why is that a success for me? Because that's rare for me.

10 months ago I was diagnosed with PCOS. My TOM has always been irregular since my teens but it basically disappeared when I gained weight. My partner and I really want to have children and when the doc told me what I have and that I would have difficulty getting pregnant was devastating.

Of course, she said the first thing to do is lose weight. Get my weight under control and I'll start getting regular period again and then that'll heighten the chances.

I don't know the science behind it, I don't know why and how it works but all I know is since I started working out and losing out, I've had regular TOM for 3 months straight which is something I have not experienced in about 2 years...

So hopefully this is the start to something good and better..maybe mommy-hood....fingers crossed.

Replies

• HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    That is great!! And it really is a positive sign of your success! CONGRATS
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I wish you and your partner the best of luck getting pregnant:)
  • Bobbys_Girl
    Options
    That is AWESOME !!! I hope the good news keeps coming !!! Good luck !!
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    I'm happy for you! I'm glad it came back and things are looking better =)
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I have a friend with PCOS and was having reg cycles on BC pills for a while but now her cycle is all crazy again, even on pills. I wonder if losing weight would help her too? I don't understand the science either, since she has to take diabetic medication and all, but I am happy for you that things are getting more regular. :)
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    :smile: That is great! I hope everything goes well and you finally get what you have been wishing for!
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    oooooo girl i hope so! That is so exciting. You will love it, you will imagine it wasn't, it will make you laugh, it will make you cry There's nothing quite like motherhood and you wont regret it! I'm happy for you. I have a lot of friends with pcos and I know your struggle!
  • amayac
    amayac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Good sign, indeed. I have PCOS, too, so I know how tough it is. I had the toughest time getting pregnant, then had a miscarriage. BUT as soon as I was about to give up and/or explore fertility options, WE GOT PG WITH TWINS! So .... keep up the good work and think positive! ~Christina
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Funny but I know exactly how you feel! I can actually be prepared of it now. I haven't lost that much weight but something has changed and I couldn't be happier! FYI you might want to look into the OV Watch to help with your baby plans. I used it and it only took 3 months and we had been trying for almost 5 years with fertility medication. Good luck to you!!!
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. :D I wish you and your SO the best of luck with everything!
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    Awesome!! Great job!!! Nothing better to motivate you then the wonderful gift of having children. :)
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! Good luck trying to conceive! :smile:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news; congratulations!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I always had irregular cycles as a teen, then as my weight got higher and higher in my 20s they got even less frequent. At my highest weight I went two years without a cycle! I didn't really fully understand what was going on at the time. Then I saw a new doctor who explained it all to me, I educated myself on what PCOS was and how weight loss would help. After I lost about 50 pounds my cycles came back and I was SO excited! It felt kinda weird being excited to have periods back when most women hate them and complain about them. But for me it was a wonderful feeling! I felt like a woman again! Now my cycles are a little on and off, but I think it's because I need to lose more weight which is why I am here. Best of luck to you and congratulations on an awesome NSV!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I hope that you get ALL the results you're looking for!:flowerforyou:
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I really do hope so...I'm 31 in two weeks..and I really want to start a family next year...we'll see...

what's an OV watch?!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!! Thats great!! Best of luck to you for mommy hood!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a motivator for keeping up with exercise and eating well, plus once you have a baby on the way you will need to keep both out you healthy!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    That is WONDERFUL! So happy for you. :happy:
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm sending my fertile vibes your way! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!