Walking Away the Pounds DVD?

Options
My Sis gave me one of these (she apparently has a whole collection) a few months ago, but I haven't opened it up yet. Today we have a snow day here, so my 5k training plan is shot...would this dvd be a fair substitute for a snow day? Anyone use it?

LA

Replies

• Diva_Of_Geneva
    Diva_Of_Geneva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a few of Leslie Sansone's DVDs. I like them but get bored with repitition so I prefer the Wii Active 2 over a DVD.
  • cgipson165
    Options
    I've used them before. If you are training for a run... this workout will probably feel more like a mild stroll around the park. Low impact. Nice workout though. If you don't feel it is challenging enough, it might help you to exaggerate the moves a bit. (Step higher, jog when they walk) Make it work for you.

Hope that helps.

CG
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have 3 of Leslie Sansone dvds but my fav is her 5-mile fat burning dvd. Fast pace and fun to do =)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I like them- not as intense as a run but you can increase the intensity as mentioned my a previous respondent- plus it is better than no work out at all! have fun!
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I like them- not as intense as a run but you can increase the intensity as mentioned my a previous respondent- plus it is better than no work out at all! have fun!

This.
    I also use handweights the when walking if it's not intense enough and do some of the punches from Tae Bo lol.
  • spelman98
    spelman98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love her DVDs. I have 4 that I keep in rotation. I prefer the 4-5 miles with interval training (mild jogging) and I use hand weights and ankle weights to increase the intensity. It's not as high impact as running, but I see the same results over long term use than I did when I was strictly doing treadmill training. I usually do 3 of her workouts a week and 2 treadmill workouts a week.