Walking to the Gym

Options
So I live in a dorm and the campus gym is a little over a half a mile away. When I go I walk. Afterwards, when I'm recording what I did at the gym should I also record that I walked? I don't count other walking I do throughout the day but since it's extra should I count it?

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You have essentially walked over a mile (there and back) so yes, you can count it.
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You could.... I would think that it's a mile you wouldn't have walked if you didn't go to the gym, so it's included in the "gym" activity :)
  • nadiabutt
    Options
    of course this walk vl be counted as ur work out:happy:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    So I live in a dorm and the campus gym is a little over a half a mile away. When I go I walk. Afterwards, when I'm recording what I did at the gym should I also record that I walked? I don't count other walking I do throughout the day but since it's extra should I count it?

depends on your daily activity setting. If you are set at sedentary, then count it, if you are light active or higher then don't count it as MFP would assume you do a lot of walking at the higher activity level settings and would have accounted for that in your caloric intake.
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    Yup, I start my HRM when I leave my house and walk to the gym and let it keep going until I get home since It's not walking that I normally would do if I was not exercising.

1111156.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I count my walk to the gym, 20 mins each way, walking 'very briskly' - i can feel my heart rate increase and sometimes break a sweat :blushing:
    I reckon that as I wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't going to the gym, and it kind of warms me up before and cools me down after, it is part of my workout.
    Like you, I don't count other walking.
    Hope this gives you some reassurance/help
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    So, uh, you can walk to the gym? Drat! I knew there was something I was doing wrong.