Chip shop

Options
2»

Replies

• petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Well, we are flying into Gatwick, spending 2 days in London, then driving North up to Scotland and then back down. We haven't completely mapped out our itinerary yet. I think were going to drive up the east coast then back down the west.

If you are going to spend some time in London, you will no doubt be in Central London somewhere so if you find yourself in Soho/off Oxford Street area (big shopping area), check out Golden Union Fish Bar on Poland Street. It's really clean and the fish is so fresh, you actually see them fry to order. I used to go there from time to time when I worked in Central london. They always have their homemade tartar sauce which is amazing!

I want some now...
  • silver_lining87
    Options

OMG Silver_Lining, the chips in that picture look AMAZING!

Tell me about it
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ugggh! You are all making me miss England. I'm stuck here in Yankland with only Long John Silvers, and I'll be damned if I'm going to eat that. They can't even make proper Indian food. :(
  • petithamu
    Options
    Ugggh! You are all making me miss England. I'm stuck here in Yankland with only Long John Silvers, and I'll be damned if I'm going to eat that. They can't even make proper Indian food. :(

Haha, you wanna trade? I miss California so much! Whoever's in Cal, I'll trade you some fish & chips for In & Out!!
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Haha, you wanna trade? I miss California so much! Whoever's in Cal, I'll trade you some fish & chips for In & Out!!

I can't offer up California, but you're welcome to swap me for Chicago.
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ah, popping down to the chippy for saveloy and chips. Nom nom nom.
  • petithamu
    Options
    I caved...I bought fish and chips for dinner tonight...however...I burned like 800kcal today so I feel less guilty!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    the one food i always seem to crave is chips....not dinky fries but proper big thick chips...i allow myself them every now and then so i don't feel too 'deprived'
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Hmm, so tempting to trade.

I'd have to disagree about proper Indian food. It all does depend on where you go. For example, I've had Indian food when I was in England a few years back that was horrid but I wouldn't say that my one experience was indicative of the entire UK.
    We have some AMAZING Indian establishments in the northern California area.
  • silver_lining87
    Options
    I had chippy last night and I have to say it was rather disappointing.
  • petithamu
    Options
    Yeah...the night I caved and bought some...thoroughly disappointed and it gave my bloated tummy. So not worth it..