Hi, I'm new =]

Options
My name is Sam and I'm excited to have found this website! I would really like to lose about 30-40 pounds by mid-summer and just be more consistent with eating healthier and exercising daily. I haven't been dieting and exercising for long but in the last couple weeks that I have been it's amazing how much all-around better I feel. I'm having a hard time really sticking to any certain "plan" though....since I'm not really following one. So hopefully I can get a lot of helpful diet and exercise advice about what to eat, what to do, what works, and what doesn't. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! =]

I currently weigh 187 pounds. When I started my dieting and exercise about two weeks ago I weighed 194, so I have made a little progress. My ultimate goal would be to weigh 135-145, but more than anything I would just love to look and feel better. This has been the heaviest I have ever been in my life. All throughout my childhood and high school I was pretty small. I weighed 120-125 all through middle and high school. After I graduated, I started college, had a son, and started a full time job....my weight just skyrocketed. It doesn't help that I'm a manager at a restaurant and eat there 5 days a week while I'm working! On top of that I'm into my last couple semesters of college and in all the stress of working and school and chasing around my son around, I wasn't eating well or taking time to exercise. But that's changing!

I'm excited to be losing weight and feeling better and hopefully I can reach my goal in a reasonable amount of time.

Replies

• tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam, welcome :-) I just joined last week and this site definitely keeps me on track. I'd like to lose about the same as you by summer.
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome..!
  • sillysal1818
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, this site is fantastic, add me as a friend if you would like, we can keep each other going!!! You are worth it:).
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss!!! Just remember to hit the track running and don't look back . Always research your eating before you eat it. (Sucks at first, but with time, you'll know what's good for you and what isn't).
  • RaineyF
    RaineyF Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your weight loss. This is the absolute best place to be if you want to lose weight. Everyone on the site is so encouraging and will help you reach your goals.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    welcome. youll love it here and great start!! friend me if you'd like...im about to shake the 190s off of me this week (hopefully) so we're in the same (almost) predicament :)
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Great job so far on your progress!! There are so many helpful and motivational people on this site who love seeing us reach our goals. Keep up the good work!
  • soccerlyss08
    soccerlyss08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm kinda in the same situation as you. I am at my heaviest I've ever been. I always weighed about 120 in HS, and was very active with school sports. And then in the last year, I've gained like 40 pounds! But this site really does help, there's a lot of encouragement!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like, and we can encourage each other along the way! :)
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam, you've taken the first step to a new you. Feel free to add me as a friend as its always good to share ideas. (anyone else interested can add me too). Rick
  • beccapos
    beccapos Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here as well. Best of luck with your goals! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :)
  • BrittBrat33
    Options
    Hi Sam!! I hope that this journey will be as successful for you as i am hoping it will be for me!! If you would like to add me, so that we can incourage and help each other along, then please do!! I wish you nothing but the best!!! :) CHEERS!!!! :drinker:
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me as a friend if you want. :smile: I joined about a month ago I found this at the app store for my phone. I got online to check it out a couple weeks ago and found that I can add friends and read blogs and message boards, ask questions. Everyone has been so friendly and quick to answer questions. Good luck you can do it!!:flowerforyou: