30 Day Shred vs. No More Trouble Zones?

Options
Has anyone used both of Jillian Michael's workout videos' 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones? I have just started using the No More... and it is kicking my butt. My question is how much of a difference is there? Also Should I master No More... before going to Shred or do I even need Shred? Could I do both at once? Thanks all!

Replies

• gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I dont know about no more trouble zones but I am on day 3 of 30 day shred and it kicks your booty....for a 20 minute workout, it sure packs a punch
  • DarthBubbles
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    NMTZ is great for strength training, but the shred actually incorporates some cardio. It's a quick workout, too, 20 minutes. There are 3 levels and you can move on as you like, or every 10 days. I think it would be good to do them together, alternating workouts on different days of the week, to keep your body guessing and so you don't get bored. P.S. I love NMTZ. It was one of the workouts I actually look forward to doing when P90X is over, just to see how I do with it now. Also, there's one called Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, which is as long as NMTZ but it's all cardio circuits and it's pretty good for burning some calories.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I just purchase a 4 DVD set and am wondering how well each of the DVD's work so I'm interested to see people's opinions too!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i am on level 2 of thirty day shred have been on level 2 for about 3 weeks now.. its hard for me to get through and i wont move to level three til i conquer this one! i'm interested in seeing peoples comparisons to trouble zone.....
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I actually switch every other night from 30 day Shred, to No more trouble zones and Shred it w'/weights. I love it. They all have very different workouts and each one will work you over. I have about 20 dvds, that I rotate thru so I don't become bored with it..
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of 30 day shred and I too got my butt kicked! But I am already seeing results I am really excited about. My plan is to do no more trouble zones once I complete my 30 day shred. I have heard it is an excellent workout but I have yet to try it.
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I started with 30DS and it prepared me for NMTZ as well as BFBM. 30DS incorporates weights and cardio, NMTZ is just weights and BFBM is just cardio.

Also 30DS is only 25 minutes, the other two videos are 50 minutes.

You could alternate both for sure. Have fun!!
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just bought NMTZ and Banish Fast Boost metabolism yesterday. I'm planning on alternating those and 30d shred. Currently I'm on level 2 day 6 of 30ds and I do it in the morning. Last night I did NMTZ and tonight I hope to do BFBM. I'm interested in knowing how you make out!
  • amstein18
    amstein18 Posts: 131
    Options
    i use both.. when i want a quick cardio session i use the 30ds. when i want a good strength training *kitten* kicking, i use nmtz! they are both awesome.. just alternate :)
  • deepmidnyght
    deepmidnyght Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I could do both workouts. I also have her six pack abs video but thought to get through NMTZ before moving on to that but maybe I will just alternate all three throughout my week.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I get bored (or de-motivated) really fast when it comes to exercise. I started 30 Day Shred and never really moved on to Level 2 because I wanted more strength training and I was already doing enough cardio (at a healthy weight and too much cardio can have a bad effect on weight loss. You lose more muscle mass than fat). And her strength training just isn't enough to combat the muscle loss that goes with dieting and cardio exercise.

I loved NMTZ! But once again it was strength training but no heavy weights involved - I can do 3lb curls all day and never feel a burn. So now I'm doing P90X - the weight lifting and strength training part. I did do her Chest & Abs Circuit from NMTZ yesterday after P90X Legs & Back. I enjoy her Ab work more than the P90X Ab Ripper - too intense for me right now.

But I like having the variety of DVD's so I don't get bored. Will be incorporating her 6-week 6-pack Abs routine on non-weight lifting days and will combine with a short HIIT on the treadmill.