Need advice!

Options
I'm trying to lose weight, i'm 17 years old had a baby 7 months ago and gained SOOO much weight after that. I am currently 213 lbs. and want to be 160-170 by July 1, 2011! Is this possible? Also I joined Anytime Fitness, I walk 30 minutes after school and then another 30 around 8 pm. I only eat 1200-1400 calories a day and burn around 350-500. What kind of results will I see with this? I mean week wise?

--Also success stories would help tremendously!

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You will not lose 43 pounds by July 1st, your goal is a bit too lofty.

If you remain completely dedicated to getting your calories from clean and healthy food and continue to exercise daily you can expect to lose approx 2 pounds per week, or up to 10 pounds per month. This would mean that by July 1st you could potentially lose approx 30 pounds.
  • alishahope11
    Options
    Well my mom was losing about 15-20 pounds a month...
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to say anything is impossible, but because there are so many factors that go into losing weight, I'd say to aim for smaller goals to start out with. I've been trying to lose weight for over a year and only have lost 9 pounds because my body fat was so high to begin with. However, I've had friends lose 60 pounds in 3 months. It's so dependent on who you are! I would aim for 5 pounds a month and see once how it goes. You don't want to be discouraged and you want to give yourself credit for how far you come! Good luck to you!
  • alishahope11
    Options
    Thanks mandijo and good luck to you!
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Experts say 1 -2 pd a wk max for successful long term weight loss. It doesnt mean you cant and wont lose fast and keep it off but studies prove/show the 1-2 pd weight loss a week to be most successful:) Heres a great website for tools of exercise/diet I found helpful that a friend of mine gave me:) Good job with your weight loss so far! http://www.cathysassin.com/