Looking for low fat low carb recipes...

Options
I'm trying to cut my carbs down, and it is quite hard to find any low fat recipes without any carbs. If you have any good ones, and are willing to share, that would be awesome.

But I will share with you one I four the other day. And if you are a chocoholic like me, it is the best way to give in to those chocolate cravings.

Black Bean Brownies

By: elizabeth 
"Black beans replace the flour in this brownie recipe."
Rate/Review | Read Reviews (300)
8,225 people have saved this | 8 custom versions
Add to Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Print this Recipe
Share/Email

Add to Menu
Customize Recipe
Kitchen-friendly View
Prep Time:
10 Min Cook Time:
30 Min Ready In:
40 Min
Servings  (Help)

USMetricCalculate

Original Recipe Yield 16 servings  
Ingredients

1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 126 | Total Fat: 5.3g | Cholesterol: 40mg

Replies

• Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!

And what are the carb count on those black bean brownies??
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I made those and it was the most disgusting thing I ever ate!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add - I LOVE black beans too!
  • Starro
    Starro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made these too! They are super yummy! I found my recipe on Dr. Oz's website and if he recommends them then I am all over it!
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajitas are good way to keep the carbs low and the protein lean... also Trader Joe's carries low carb tortillas that look pretty decent. Something like 11g per tortilla!! Totally do-able!
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    I just made a chicken quesadilla that has 310 calories, 32 carbs and 9 fat...(added ingredients into the food tracker and that's what it said)

Used
    1 Tortilla Mexico flour tortilla
    2oz great value chicken breast (in water)
    1/4 cup Colby & Monterey shredded cheese

I put the chicken on half the tortilla (kind of shredded the chunks with my fingers) then covered it with cheese, folded it over, and baked it in the oven for a while.

I'm pretty sure if you use a different tortilla you could get less carbs and calories.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Not sure how low you are trying to go on carb intake (aktins....or just a cut back?) Fritattas are really good. I have been making a spinach and ricotta fritatta that has about 10 carbs per serving, and its really good! Low fat and caloroes also. For breakfast or with a side salad for lunch/dinner.
    1 cup egg white (about 8 eggs)
    1 large egg (whole)
    1/3 cup skim milk (you could probaby use lowfat or regular to cut carbs lower)
    1 tbsp olive oil
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1 medium onion, thinly sliced
    4 cups baby spinach
    sea salt and pepper to taste
    pinch of groun.d nutmeg
    2/3 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
    preheat oven to 375

whisk egg whites, egg and skim milk. Set aside.

heat oil in a a 10inch skillet add garlic & onion sautee for 3 or 4 min, until soft. add spinach to pan and cook stirring frequently until wilted. season with salt pepper and nutmeg.
    Pour egg mixture into pan and drop ricotta by spoonsful around the top. cook for 3 min until eggs begin to set on bottom. Transfer pan to oven and cook for about 8 minutes or until eggs are firm. Cut in to 4 wedges and serve.
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    I love the protein in kidney beans etc ... but hate all the carbs. Doing low carb veggies is easy ...

To keep your Carbs down you haveto get rid of all white flour and sugar and all yes all processed food and read labels... especially for hidden sugar ... next time you are in the grocery store read the labels on NONfat yogurt with fruit ... you will fall of your chair when you read the sugar content .. no wonder Americans are getting fat ... it is all that sugar that likes to go to our midsection ... Anyway ... I eat very lean pork tenderloin, chicken, turkey, fish and when I make a morning omlette I do it with one whole egg and one egg white and nice spinach a little red onion and a little salsa inside and on top ...

Here is a list of very low carb veggies you can eat with meals and for snacks ... I have started to keep my carbs way down ... I have found for me ... that is the only way I can loose the weight .. especially in my tummy ... I look for low carb and low glycimic index carbs ...

__ Alfalfa Sprouts
    __ Asparagus
    __ Bamboo Shoots
    __ Bean Sprouts
    __ Broccoli
    __ Cabbage
    __ Cauliflower
    __ Celery
    __ Collard Greens
    __ Cucumber
    __ Eggplant
    __ Lettuce
    __ Mushrooms (try all sorts of varieties!)
    __ Radishes
    __ Sauerkraut
    __ Spinach
    __ Tomato
    __ Turnips
    __ Water Chestnuts
    __ Zucchini

Here is great web site that gives great info http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art13088.asp if it does not link just cut and paste it
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/low_carb/

that website has a lot of low carb recipes that look pretty good
  • klawlor1
    klawlor1 Posts: 4
    Options
    126 cals
    5.3 g fat
    18.1 carbs 3.3g protein for about good sized square. they are super yummy, and they deffs are a good way to keep me from cheating. :)
  • klawlor1
    klawlor1 Posts: 4
    Options
    well, to each their own. i am very against black beans. so it was very hard for me to get the balls to make these. i was quite surprised. maybe because i assumed it was going to be horrid?
    i do find that they have more of a fudge texture, then a "cakey" texture, but it doesn't bother me too much.
    the second time i tried this recipe. i added some roasted nuts and Cinnamon, and mixed the chocolate chips in the batter, instead of having them just on top. and they were excellent. try that if youre willing to give it another go
    :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I'll have to come back and add some recipes. You might also want to check out some of the gluten free threads as often (not always) they can be low carb

Oh yeah, how low on carbs and fat per serving are you trying to do? Just wondering so I can post some relevant recipes :)