For Killer Abs, Try Some ... Push-Ups?

Options
jamie78
jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
I posted this in a blog if you would like to check it out.
pretty good info...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jamie78/view/for-killer-abs-try-some-push-ups-84683

Replies

• hiphiphooray
    Options
    thank you for this article! I have actually been wanting to start planks and this helped me realize I need to start now! :sad:
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have added push-ups into my strength training so I will think about better form. I was also surprised to hear that women can't do regular push-ups. But that is not going to stop me from eventually trying.
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, it looks like the push-up may be the best exercise move ever!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    they work just about all muscle groups in some way.
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My trainer incorporated Planks into my ab routine this week....I don't think my abs have ever hurt as much before :)
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I knew they worked really well but I had no idea!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have added push-ups into my strength training so I will think about better form. I was also surprised to hear that women can't do regular push-ups. But that is not going to stop me from eventually trying.

It doesn't say women can't. It says he's surprised at how many women can't. I can do them... not many, but I can do a few, and I fully intend to be knocking out 20 in a row by the end of the summer.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Push-ups are the best all over body workout. Plus...it's FREE! :)