SNACKING AND AWALYS HUNGRY

Options
IS any one eles having this problem?? I am thinking it could be bordom or depression.. I find myself eating and not really hungry, It just seems like I am never full
I would really appreciate any feed back on eating a good breakfest, lunch and dinner... I dont always eat breakfest and maybe thats the issue..
So ready to give up
Donna

Replies

• erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you might just be bored, so pop a piece of gum in your mouth when you feel snacky, works for me anyways.Always eat a good breakfast!!!!God luck don't give up!:happy:
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What Erica said and make sure that you are eating enough protein. Protein is what really helps to keep you full because it burns at a steadier rate than carbs, which you burn right through in most cases which is why you feel hungry so quickly.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Always eat a good breakfast. It is amazing how much that helps.
  • finallylean
    finallylean Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think you just answered your question. Missing breakfast is a big no no.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    menthol or eucalyptus candy (i.e. Halls) usually suppresses one's appetite.
  • maaalloryy
    Options
    I have the same problem.
    I eat a good breakfast every day. I find that I'm "hungry" when I think about food or eating... Once I start thinking about it, I can't get my mind off of it, & I trick myself into thinking I actually am hungry.
  • TheReluctantDragon
    Options
    Gum really helps, but it can lead to a continuaton of feeling like you have to be chewing something all the time. To cure the snacking thing, I suggest drinking tea or black coffee or even simply sipping water.
    Or if you need it, try celery or a carrot or some other veggie.

One thing I've noticed is that I get hungry if I don't eat enough protein with a meal. You might want to try eating a lot of protein instead of other food to see if that helps.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat breakfast and don't skip any meals. Most likely it's boredom and I find that gum will help that. Also, I suggest you eat your meals slowly, giving your body time to realize you're full. I was absolutely amazed how much that alone helped. For one thing, if you take long to eat, no time to get bored. Eat lots of protein to help keep you full and drink lots of water again, to help keep you full.
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP!!! I find that if I dont eat a good breakfast I have the same problem. A LOT of it is also boredom and a lack of a sense of direction and/or accomplishment. I struggled with this for the first few weeks. I used to sit at a computer all day long and would find my brain always rummaging around through the cupboards or fride. I would eat and eat and eat. Find a food that interests you and has a good nutritional value. I strongly believe that americans have it backwards. The lightest/smallest meal of the day should be dinner. The most nutrient packed breakfast!!! Things like real oatmeal with fresh/frozen berries or craisins, an egg and fruit and some whole grain toast with peanut butter. I like to eat the Chobani fruit flavored or plain Greek yogurt with Kashi GoLean Multigrain Clusters cereal in it and a juicy apple for breakfast. And keep a variety! I use websites like Allrecipes.com to search for inspirational ideas for how to use a specific ingredient; you'll be amazed at all the ideas floating around out there! And if you feel like you're grazing out of bordom, do something else, like take a walk or ride a bicycle, do something that you find interesting to ENGAGE YOUR MIND!! Something that is going to give you a tangeable result, like picking a cleaning project. Tackle that mess of a closet or the loft in the garage. Or my favorite, go work in the yard weeding the flower beds. Good luck! YOU ARE HERE FOR A REASON, so don't let a few setbacks and slips make you lose hope. If you fall seven times, get back up eight!
  • jodik11
    jodik11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem and I skip breakfast because I never have time to eat it. I'm going to try and get up earlier to make sure I have breakfast and see if it helps. Thanks, great tips!
  • cath1503
    cath1503 Posts: 5
    Options
    Before I started using MFP and trying to lose weight I used to find my self snacking on biscuits when having a cup of tea mid afternoon or around 9pm even though I wasn't particularly hungry, it was just habit.
    I have found that by not having something sweet (chocolate biscuit/yoghurt) for dessert directly after eating my main lunch or dinner but waiting an hour and half or so after to eat it, I am not eating extra calories just spreading out ones that I would of been eating anyway!