For all you with tattoos!!

Options
Naomi91
Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
Time to take my mind off food :D

What do you ahve a tattoo of? what does it mean to you? :D

I am getting mine in the summer and want to hear what others have! Tattoos have stories :D Can be something with deep meaning, a wild story, drunken story xD, or just a beautiful piece of art! :D

I will be getting my favorite flower, lily, running down my back with swirly vines in black and grey :] still deciding on what color lily i want!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I have a phoenix (called Beatrix) in my lower back/ left side. She's lots of blues and greens at the minute, but I might get some more fiery colours added to her tail.

She's the symbol of rebirth, and and got her done at a time in my life when I was re-discovering myself. Also, I visited China a couple of years ago, where the phoenix is the symbol of the Empress, so it's a really strong, empowering female image.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Well so far I have 2!!! My first one is a tribal butterfly in between my shoulderblades...I just picked something that I liked, plus, my mom's first tattoo was of a butterfly :) My second one, is a wrap around my left ankle of my son's name and the sun and mooon and stars...when he was little he always said it was mama's moon, daddy's sun, and Dominic's(that's his name) stars :) I plan on getting a few more....the triquetra, which has a few meanings) on the back of my neck, and a smal chinese symbol behind each ear!
  • leb89
    leb89 Posts: 54
    Options
    i have the coordinates of where i was born on my upper back, on my arm i have the saying in omnia paratus which means ready for anything. i have a unique looking heart on my hip that i drew, and i also have a giant piece on my lower back that i drew- just a design.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I have 2, one is a bears paw set in a compass rose, the significance is the bears paw for when I proved to myself that I am stronger than many of my peers and kind of like a bear lol, the compass rose came from when I worked offshore fishing and then on oil tankers. The other is a chinese symbol for family as family means everything to me.
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have 3. The first one I got is a lizzard with the word butterfly written in Japanese which is the meaning of my name. The second one I got is a combination of my husband and mine name which we use for many things written in greek alphabet. And the last one is 2 dragonflies each with the initial of my 2 daugther's first name.
  • Naomi91
    Options
    I have a phoenix (called Beatrix) in my lower back/ left side. She's lots of blues and greens at the minute, but I might get some more fiery colours added to her tail.

She's the symbol of rebirth, and and got her done at a time in my life when I was re-discovering myself. Also, I visited China a couple of years ago, where the phoenix is the symbol of the Empress, so it's a really strong, empowering female image.

This sounds beautiful!! I love the meaning of this :D The colors also sound so pretty :D I am a big fan of greens and blues
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a few:
    R foot= mapleleaf cuz I am Canadian
    R ankle= claddagh my bf drew my tattoo after he gave me a claddagh ring, it is one of my faves
    R thigh= Dopey in an oversize hockey jersey that my dad and I drew together (only thing we ever did happily together)
    R breast= a picture of a sand pail and shovel... my bf's nickname is "pale"

L inner ankle= sun
    L outer ankle= dolphin

lower mid back= shamrock....cuz I'm IRISH!!
    neck= hibiscus my fave flower!!

still love them all!!!!!
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    I have three tattoos:) My first was one I got when I was eighteen with my best friend, she was moving to England and so we both got small elephants on our sides/back because elephants never forget:) Plus the trunks are up, so it means good luck apparently!

The second one I have is on my upper back and it says "this years love it'll last, aug 2007" in scripture. It is a line from our first dance at our wedding and then the date that we got married.

My third one is scripture on my foot that says "Vive ut Vivas" in latin. Translated it means live to live. No real story behind it, I just wanted to get it:)

I want to get another one down the side of my ribcage, some sort of saying in Sanskrit. Just need to actually find one I like.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have 16 as of now, there will be more.

I have two faeries on my back, sitting in a tree that is half green and half gray.

I have Ernie & Bert above my knee that I got after my grandpa passed away. He always reminded me of Ernie.

I have a peanut cactus flower above Ernie & Bert that I got after my really good friend passed away. He loved the desert.

I have 7 stars on my hip. I get one everytime I go somewhere new. It's my permanent souvenier. I can't lose it, and I can't break it. So far I have one from: Hollywood, CA; Dallas, TX; Lansing, MI; Atlantic City, NJ; Las Vegas, NV; Austin, TX; and New Orleans, LA.

I have the symbol for cancer on the back of one calf, and the symbol for scorpio on the other. These are for my children.

I have a canary on my left forearm, and a bluebird on the right. I got these after my grandma passed away. She loved canaries, and bluebirds.
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    most meaningful one is 3 stars on my neck symbalising (sp) Faith, Love, and Strength, with my Husbands initials in the middle one for love
  • BriannaSkye
    BriannaSkye Posts: 135
    Options
    Where do I start:

~Around my wrist says......Believe, Dream, Imagine......3 words that meant alot to be when I left my ex for certain reasons. I had to believe in myself, imagine what life can and could be like and dream of good times to get me thru it all.

~Hip.....fairy almost a tinker bell like design with a few very small stars, just because I love it :)

~Thigh.....Its actaully the outline of Australia but most wouldnt know it, Tasmania is a turtle, theres the ocean and a dolphin in the map with the dolphins tail going out the line, a palm tree on one side and a cliff....My favourite place and memory of Scenes from Australia (Im living in Cali now)

~My shoulder...a dolphin, love them

~Middle of back a guardian angel with my best friends name on it, I got it on her 3rd anniversary of her passing

~Foot a flower with a small vine and flower buds

***working on desiging my next one now***
  • jeyoung03
    jeyoung03 Posts: 83
    Options
    I just got my first one last summer... its on my foot the words "Wild at heart" with leopards spots surrounding the words. And I made sure to have one spot look exactly like a heart!

My next one I am itching to get and soon! I think it will be my reward to myself after loosing the weight that I want off. I'm going to have it placed on my side, and its going to be two love birds on a branch, surrounded by orchids (my favorite flower), and I haven't decided on what writing I was either "Just as free, free as we will ever be" or "When those you love become a memory,that memory becomes a treasure" . Its going to be in memory of my grandparents that just passed away, that were like my second parents in raising me, and the tattoo will be placed on the left side of my body just under my heart.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I got my first one last year. It is on the top of my foot, and is of a Zia symbol. That is the state symbol for New Mexico, which is where I was born and raised. Many family members still live there. It holds a very deep place in my heart. I plan on getting one more tattoo which will be a shamrock to celebrate my Irish heritage.
  • Naomi91
    Options
    I have 16 as of now, there will be more.

I have two faeries on my back, sitting in a tree that is half green and half gray.

I have Ernie & Bert above my knee that I got after my grandpa passed away. He always reminded me of Ernie.

I have a peanut cactus flower above Ernie & Bert that I got after my really good friend passed away. He loved the desert.

I have 7 stars on my hip. I get one everytime I go somewhere new. It's my permanent souvenier. I can't lose it, and I can't break it. So far I have one from: Hollywood, CA; Dallas, TX; Lansing, MI; Atlantic City, NJ; Las Vegas, NV; Austin, TX; and New Orleans, LA.

I have the symbol for cancer on the back of one calf, and the symbol for scorpio on the other. These are for my children.

I have a canary on my left forearm, and a bluebird on the right. I got these after my grandma passed away. She loved canaries, and bluebirds.

love all of these! Especially the stars :D that is such a unique idea!
  • Naomi91
    Options
    I just got my first one last summer... its on my foot the words "Wild at heart" with leopards spots surrounding the words. And I made sure to have one spot look exactly like a heart!

My next one I am itching to get and soon! I think it will be my reward to myself after loosing the weight that I want off. I'm going to have it placed on my side, and its going to be two love birds on a branch, surrounded by orchids (my favorite flower), and I haven't decided on what writing I was either "Just as free, free as we will ever be" or "When those you love become a memory,that memory becomes a treasure" . Its going to be in memory of my grandparents that just passed away, that were like my second parents in raising me, and the tattoo will be placed on the left side of my body just under my heart.

mine will be my reward for losing weight as well :D plus I want more muscle there so it doesnt hurt so bad >.> HA! I can tell the thought that is going into yours! very beautiful :D
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly- signifying rebirth or new life!:flowerforyou:
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i have a bat against the moon with a red heart in the middle , to me i think it was an accpetance to myself that i am ever so slightly batty but thats a good thing :)

am thinking of getting another one soon but dont know where to get it