Secrets?

Options
Any one got any secrets they have to their weight loss?? I'd love to know!

Replies

• Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I do not have any secrets per say. But since I have been adding 2 Tbsp. Cold ground Flax Seed to my daily Greek yogurt, I seem to be losing at a better rate. I can not explain it. But you have to exercise and make sure you get your minimun cal. in.
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    3 portioned meals a day, snack on fruit/veg

exercise at least 3 times a week/ every day if you want faster results

no secret... just hard work and dedication

any fad will ultimately fail if you stray from the fad...

a balanced diet is the only way to guarantee you are getting the proper nutrition and not causing harm/deficiencies in other areas
  • MelanieB1979
    Options
    I have heard nothing but good things about flax seed. I just started taking it yesterday. If you don't mind the taste of the oil, you can use it in place of butter/margarine or your salad dressings. It's a healthy alternative that helps you lose, can't go wrong!
  • mirenner
    Options
    I do not have any secrets per say. But since I have been adding 2 Tbsp. Cold ground Flax Seed to my daily Greek yogurt, I seem to be losing at a better rate. I can not explain it. But you have to exercise and make sure you get your minimun cal. in.

Flax seed is a bile thinner, bile breaks down fat

low fat/sugar diets tend to make the bile thicken

you want that bile flowing the a feather on a breeze... or something like that
  • mirenner
    Options
    I have heard nothing but good things about flax seed. I just started taking it yesterday. If you don't mind the taste of the oil, you can use it in place of butter/margarine or your salad dressings. It's a healthy alternative that helps you lose, can't go wrong!

If you want the ultimate bile thinner, combine:

Flax Seed Oil
    Shredded Beat Root
    Lemon Juice

All three will help flush your liver/gall bladder
  • solidpromises
    Options
    Cold Ground Flax Seed? Never heard of it, what is it? Where could I get it?

I excersize every day of the week. Just different parts of my body, instead of the same thing EVERY day. I guess the thing above, since it just breaks down fat, I wouldn't need it? I'm not trying to lose weight, more of tone up. I got lazy this winter. P: It's on me. But what about excersizes?

And what's 'Bump'?
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    The brand I use is called "Flax USA, Golden Flax, Cold Milled Golden Flax Seed"
    I live in PA so we have "Sam's Club's" here. If you do not have a Sams you may find it at Wal-Mart as they are from the same corp.
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump - is so I could keep it in "My Topics" to find easier later, kinda bumps it to your "My Topics". :)
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Awwww I bought flax seed I best start using it more....thanks for the info. Just ordered some Chia seeds anyone tried those?
  • MelanieB1979
    Options
    Randee, my mom uses chia seeds on lots of things, she loves it. She didn't really tell me about the taste though. My nephew has "inside the guts" problems and she started giving it to him, worked like a charm. No more stomach pains and he's "going" like a healthy kid should, even though he doesn't always eat right.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours, minimize my eating out, and only eat the serving size of any given item, weigh my food and I never go for seconds. :smile:
  • elmaly
    elmaly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chew gum!!

Sounds silly but it works! When I am chewing gum, I am less likely to "graze"... I won't mindlessly pop a few M&M's in my mouth if I have spit my gum out first. AND when I have a piece of gum when I exercise, I am not thinking about how dry my mouth is the whole dang time. I cannot tell you how it has improved my exercising!