Any motivation tips?

Options
I seem to have a hard time getting motivated. In my head I'm like YES I want to do this, I want to lose weight. But my body says no, let me sit and do nothing. I get tired so fast. Any idea's on how to get my body motivated??

Replies

• super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem with motivation, I ok cutting out the junk foods and snacks and eating better, with an occasional slip. But when it comes to exercise, just no I am tired all the time don't sleep and can't find the energy, but I am doing a 25 min walk to work and 25 back again mon to friday.

let me know if u find a way.
  • Simone1970
    Options
    Hi there,

A big motivator for me when it comes to exercising is to use a Polar Heart Rate monitor and have a kick butt music play list on your iPod. The Polar shows how many calories you are burning when your exercising and for me that is really motivating. Also lets you know how much you can eat in a day so if you want a cookie you know you can have one because you just burned 500 calories during your cardio work out.

For eating correctly, I keep a pair of jeans that are tight or summer shorts that don't go on as easily as before. When I don't feel motivated, I look at these clothes and tell myself I want to fit into those clothes by this summer and that helps me "stay in line" for eating right.

Best of luck to you!

Simone
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I find that the initial start-up into exercise just sucks. Period. You really just need to force yourself to do it...and soon you will WANT to do it.
    I swear I'm becoming addicted to exercise now. I throw a fit if I can't get in a good workout every day. :)
  • cklaver
    cklaver Posts: 3
    Options
    Set yourself a goal. Start small and something that you can achieve easily. Then build from there. I started to do an aerobic walking video. The high that came from doing it prompted me to plan when i would be able to do it again. I am now striving to workout 5 times a week. Sometimes it is before work at 6 am for 35 minutes sometimes it is after supper for 50 minutes. Fit it in however you can. Something is better than nothing. I also wear a pedometer every day. That is a motivator - trying to up your average per day. It also tells me how many calories i have burned and that is encouraging too. Stick with it, you can do this!
  • ladybird_
    ladybird_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started by doing just 10 mins on my stair climber and have worked up to 30 mins of stair climbing while doing bicep curls, it was easy at first but each time I would see if I could do one minute more and sure enough I did. I am still trying to get longer on the climber but I have noticed that in my hike up 2 flights of stairs from the parkade to work is getting easier. :happy: