saggy belly!

Options
2»

Replies

• bdgstone1
    bdgstone1 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for posting this...I am in the same boat and these re plies have been great...I am working in the ball and the planks...

4332622.png
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 kids, and that bit of saggy belly skin is something I think I'll always have. Check out my pics....I'm at my goal weight, and I work my abs like crazy; and the skin really isn't that noticible. I notice it more than anyone else does. I"m just having to face the fact that all the exercise in the world won't bring back skin that has been stretched by those precious little babies. :) I choose to look at it as a trophy of motherhood! (Agree with other posters as well....planks and push ups are amazing for the abs!)

So I did look at your pics... and Im sorry but you dont have any loose skin left that I could see... you look amazing and no doubt had to work hard for that stomach esp if youve had children and esp if you had a c section... but i have to strongly disagree with the loose skin on you:) For those of us that truly have that skin we should embrace it I guess as part of our new body AFTER kids but Im hell bent on trying to tighten a little more...:)
    LOL Thanks! :)
    I notice it most when I bend over, or when I'm doing pushups or something and happen to get a glance of my belly. Otherwise it's not too bad....just not "picture perfect"....but then I'm always my worst critic. If it helps, I also noticed that in the last 10 lbs, it seemed like EVERY pound sat directly around my belly button, and once those were gone things really smoothed out. It's amazing what losing the last couple pounds can do.

And so what do YOU recommend to lower your body fat when its 10 pds away?
    Basically, just keep at it. Staying within calories and being religious about both cardio and weights. Drinking lots of water. Feel free to friend me if you are interested....my food journal is open, and I post my workouts daily. :)
  • afewmilesofnight
    Options
    thanks for all the info guys! i gained 55lbs while i was pregnant, and my belly was HUGE! i'm only 2 lbs away from my goal now. i'm sure my belly looks worse through my eyes! honestly even when i weighed 110 lbs in high school i still always had a little tummy, just the way my body is i guess!
    if i had enough money for a tummy tuck i'd probably consider it! i will take your advice on the rest for now! i actually want to start running, but its been raining non stop the last few days, ugh. i'm always so lazy on rainy days.

anyways, thanks everyone!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Great replies and lots of helpful info! =):flowerforyou:
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    EVERY "flabby belly" success story involved either hardcore weight training, or hardcore cardio--> HIIT type stuff. I've never seen it disappear (unless they were that type of woman to begin with) without one or both of those.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    EVERY "flabby belly" success story involved either hardcore weight training, or hardcore cardio--> HIIT type stuff. I've never seen it disappear (unless they were that type of woman to begin with) without one or both of those.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Agree X 10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    thanks for all the info guys! i gained 55lbs while i was pregnant, and my belly was HUGE! i'm only 2 lbs away from my goal now. i'm sure my belly looks worse through my eyes! honestly even when i weighed 110 lbs in high school i still always had a little tummy, just the way my body is i guess!
    if i had enough money for a tummy tuck i'd probably consider it! i will take your advice on the rest for now! i actually want to start running, but its been raining non stop the last few days, ugh. i'm always so lazy on rainy days.

anyways, thanks everyone!

I gained 65 pounds with my last pregnancy, I know the feeling :sad:
  • PSALM25
    PSALM25 Posts: 2
    Options
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I have agree with the other folks...Cardio. However not just running, try kickboxing, this is a great core move. Also don't forget to work on your lower back and obliques that will help strengthen and tone up your belly.