Best Peanut Butter?

2»

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    If not making my own the Trader Joe's Valencia PB with flax seeds and sea salt.....awesome flavor. I also make cashew, almond and macadamia butters. I love my food processor!!
  • I like PB2 peanut butter also here's their info:

Just choose – 4 jars of PB2, 4 jars of Chocolate PB2, 2 jars of each, OR 3 and 1 – the combo is your choice! Please see our website for more details – www.bellplantation.com

***To take advantage of this offer, please enter the coupon code: PB2ROCKS on the ordering screen

OK, this PB2 stuff sounds too good to be true, and I must try this!!!! Can you only order it online??

I saw this stuff in the store the other day, at the commisary. I will get a jar next time I go
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    I just picked up another 2 lb jar of Adams at the grocery store today. There is something extra tasty about that stuff.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    I've never hear of Adam's Where do you get it?

I recently switched to Trader Joe's all natural. I have a T every day on a half a bagel with a half tsp of honey drizzled on top...I love it more than my all time favorite Jif....don't know what took me so long!! LOL
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Wish I could find the PB2 locally. There shipping prices are outrageous. I sell online and know shipping prices.
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238

http://www.adamspeanutbutter.com/where_to_buy.aspx

Yeah, I was excited also. Until I found it isn't anywhere within 50 miles of me.

I'll have to order online.
  • I've just cycled through a few different types and brands this past month and found one that I really love: Smucker's Reduced Fat Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. I have a 100% whole wheat english muffin with 2T of peanut butter every single morning for breakfast.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member

http://www.adamspeanutbutter.com/where_to_buy.aspx

Yeah, I was excited also. Until I found it isn't anywhere within 50 miles of me.

I'll have to order online.

As tasty as it is, I don't know if you have to go so far as to mail order it. I'm sure you can find something just as good locally. :smile:
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Kraft Unsalted Unsweetened Peanut Butter.

why? hubby is diabetic and we both have high blood pressure.. so no added salt or sugar is a good thing!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Skippy Natural here too. No one can tell the difference, and it doesn't have hydrogenated oils (which are REALLY bad for you!).

Agree 100%. Whatever you buy, look on the label to ensure it doesn't contain hydrogenated oils of any variety (watch out for misleading labels like that on Jiff which say "no partially hydrogenated oils!" but when you read the label, that's technically true there is FULLY hydrogenated oils in it).

I like Skippy natural because it tastes almost exactly like Jiff (which I love but won't buy) but is free of any variety of hydrogenated oils.

That said, about 80% of the time, my choice is PB2 (which is what's left of the peanut after the company has squeezed all of the oil out for peanut oil ... it's powder that you just add water to, to whichever consistency you like). When I need fats in my day's diet, I opt for Skippy Natural, but most of the time, I'm good on the fats, so I go the PB2 route. Love the stuff in a chocolate protein peanut butter shake where you can't tell ANY difference from regular peanut butter!!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Skippy also tends to be cheaper than Jif. :flowerforyou:
  • Good peanut butter is easy to find once you look at the ingredients. It should have MAXIMUM two things- the first should be peanuts, and the second should be an oil, if anything.

I NEVER buy peanut butter with additional sweeteners or preservatives, its totally unnecessary!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    I'm not sure if this brand is available in the US (I'm British), but I love Whole Earth Organic Peanut Butter (Crunchy). 89 calories for 15g, but I'd rather spend a few more calories on something unrefined than something "low in whatever" that's pumped up with unnatural stuff. Plus, it tastes amazing, and lasts me about a month (and I have one 15g tsp like, almost every day). However, it does contain palm oil...

The ingredients are simply 97% roasted peanuts, palm oil and sea salt (but it has 0 sodium per 15g serving).
This discussion has been closed.