Greek yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I never tried flavored greek yogurt because of all the calories and sugar in it. I tried plain greek yogurt for a while I would sweeten it with splenda or agave and I liked it. But I was adding sugar to it and it already came with enough sugar without even the sweetened taste. I was really searching for the minimum amount of sugar and I found that Dannon has light & fit carb & sugar control. That yogurt has 2g of sugar and its the least I've seen out there among the yogurts. I've seen it only in a 4oz size though. 45 cals each. Very good.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few kinds and so far like the Yoplait 2x Protein Fat Free Greek the best... several good flavors to choose from. The only thing for me is the consistency is so much thicker it's taking me a while to get used to it. I like it best with a serving of granola on top. I have it a few times a week, sometimes for a snack after a good workout, sometimes for a quick easy supper. I don't cook much, but I love the ideas of using it instead of sour cream... very yummy!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Liberté 0% fat Greek. 20 g protein.

Presidents Choice introduced a Greek yogurt but there's a ridiculous amount of sodium in it. Tastes like someone dumped a salt shaker in it to me.
  • abray84
    abray84 Posts: 55
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the feedback...you guys are amazing an gave me so much information...thanks again
  • JennyRosa
    Options
    I have fallen in love with Chobani Greek Yogurt!! they have lots of flavors, personal favorites are blueberry, pomegrante and the strawberry banana mix.....its in the organic section of your grocery store......greek yogurt is also really go for your metabolism, so i've been eating it as my breakfast!! good luck!
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Definitely check the labels for the sugar content. Some brands are way higher in sugar than others. The plain, unflavored ones are low but also have much less flavor, imo. My favorite brand is Athenos - it's got 100 calories and only 9 g of sugar, compared to up to 20 g of sugar in the Chobani brands.
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    Yeah, it's about $.99 per cup here in Madison, but obviously much less if you buy the larger container. But again, it is far more substantial and satisfying for the volume than normal yogurt in my opinion.
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    Greek Gods has a pomegranet and a honey that are amazing. The pom one is pink too <3 its sooo good, about $1/6oz and I believe its a 0%, most are 0% or 2%, twice the protien of the regular stuff = twice the fullness, and more active cultures. Greek yogurt is just made of win.
  • ucrgirl06
    ucrgirl06 Posts: 13
    Options
    It's funny you ask because I'm on a personal mission to try every kind of Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt is delicious. It's thicker and richer because the liquid is strained out. My favorite brands so far are Yoplait 2x Protein Strawberry or Honey, Stoneyfield Organic, and Dannon Greek.
  • mlebannon
    Options
    FAGE! Oh my goodness Fage total 2% or 0% *especially* the ones with fruit (or honey) are SO good. It makes for an easy transition from common yogurt to Greek-style. I'm addicted!