Healthy Tasty Foods You May Not Know About

Options
2»

Replies

• Kaitlyn_20
    Kaitlyn_20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, there's some really interesting ones. It seems I'm hearing more and more about greek yogurt. I need to try that. Oh and that eggo just sounds awesome, I'm not a breakfast girl but I may have to try it :D
  • Kaitlyn_20
    Kaitlyn_20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I think you're going to see more prepared or processed foods on a thread like this because the question was "Foods You May Not Know About".

We all know about raw, whole, natural foods like meat, vegetables, fruits, etc.
    :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

Thank you! The thing about processed foods is quite frankly, I have to mostly eat them because I don't have time to go making fancy organic meals. Something out of a box that's quick and semi healthy is good for me. College isn't condusive to the healthiest of living. Especially when the roomies make cookies like every week.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I love the Fiber Plus fiber bars in the coconut caramel chocolate flavor. Taste just like a samoa girl scout cookie & they're only 120 calories and a ton of fiber! I actually have to be careful keeping em in the house cuz they're soo good I want more than one!

I LOVE these!!! I buy 2 boxes every time I grocery shop. Lol!

I love these two -- some have 120-130 calories, and others are only 90. I love the 90 calorie ones for those "I am really starving but don't have enough calories" days. Really good stuff!
  • CharityShantell
    CharityShantell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, there's some really interesting ones. It seems I'm hearing more and more about greek yogurt. I need to try that. Oh and that eggo just sounds awesome, I'm not a breakfast girl but I may have to try it :D

The interesting thing about Greek yogurt is that it has a long expiration date. So if you're in college and busy all the time, it will keep in your fridge for longer! :flowerforyou:
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Tempeh - It's favourite food of mine, it's a fermented soy bean cake and originally comes from Indoneisa. I can easily get in the supermarket here in Oz, and it's a great source of protein. Until recently I've always enjoyed it deep fried with sweet soy, but I'm now trying new ways to cook it without all the fat.... It's good stuff, try it if you see it
  • charstarak
    Options
    Chobani is awesome! Read all labels, and you will find it is the best!