What else has zero calories?

Options
...apart from the obvious three:

1. Free samples in the supermarket
2. One sweet from your kid's bag
3. French fries from someone else's plate.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    4. The bite off your daughters cheese on toast (with Lea and Perrins...drool) supper last night, just to make sure it was cooked properly.
  • _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    I've heard that broken cookies have none - the calories fall out when it breaks.
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    6. Broken chips in the bottom of the bag.
  • Jaynequ
    Jaynequ Posts: 39
    Options
    4. The bite off your daughters cheese on toast (with Lea and Perrins...drool) supper last night, just to make sure it was cooked properly.

Of course, you are right, anything you try when you are cooking is essential and definitely does not count (including the chocolate butter icing left in the bowl)
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've heard that broken cookies have none - the calories fall out when it breaks.

This is also true of Cake that does not remain in "cake piece" shape.... so i usually drop mine on the way to the plate... WHoops!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends homemade beef jerky. Its homemade jerky so it must not have any calories in it! :P
  • Jaynequ
    Jaynequ Posts: 39
    Options

This is also true of Cake that does not remain in "cake piece" shape.... so i usually drop mine on the way to the plate... WHoops!

And of course if someone cuts a cake or loaf of bread and does leave it straight ... well tidying it up is a necessity and does not count.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    lol...you know someone might just believe this!

Anything eaten standing up...0 calories, seems to be a commonly held belief among busy mums cooking multiple meals for kids and hubby but never actually sitting down to eat herself.(i'm sure most of us know someone who has said "Can't understand my weight, I never eat" but you know the reason)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Anything clear. Water, vodka and tonic etc.
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    water air and steam!
  • louiseshields
    louiseshields Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anything you eat whilst drunk - you cannot remember the calories, therefore they MUST be free!!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    frazzles and hoola hoops stolen from the children. I only eat the broken ones so the calories have fallen out.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Chocolate has no calories if someone buys it for you - fact
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The last 2 spoonfulls of anything that I've made for my toddler that she refuses to eat..
    Crusts of lovely honey toast, again that my toddler wont eat.....
  • Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    The last bit of cheese that is too small to grate anymore...
  • lmk224
    lmk224 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The last bit of cheese that is too small to grate anymore...

Agreed!
  • linmolko
    linmolko Posts: 13
    Options
    If you only eat half the cake, it's only half the calories....therefore you can have twice as much!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Whatever's left on the plate or in the bowl that won't fit in the storage container when cleaning up after dinner. Proven, scientific fact.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The thing is, I don't log these things, who does? But I also don't log the 4 times a day I walk the 500m school run, or chasing after the children, or running up and down stairs all day doing the housework. So fair's fair.
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    Anything clear. Water, vodka and tonic etc.

If only!:drinker: