To P90Xers!

Options
Dear P90X ers

This is my second week doing the lean P90X.

After doing step aerobics for about 1 year, the new regime is kickin my butt! I am totally spent after each routine, using muscles I never thought existed and sweating like I just had a sauna! Obviously I can't keep up with the whole class yet, but I passed the fit text no problem, I'm only stopping when my HR is at a max or at muscle failure.

I wear a HRM but I'm really worried that its not working properly!!! Mainly because all I want to do for the rest of the day is EAT!! I have a feeling this is because I'm not eating enough. And the reason I'm not eating enough is because my HRM isnt recording a massive calorie burn!! From what I've been reading, P90Xers record around 600 cals per class?? But mine are just 300ish, as follows:

CoreSynergistics - 57 mins - 314 cals
Cardio X - 43min - 302 cals
Shoulders/Arms+Abs - 75mins - 286 cals
Yoga - 90mins - 255 cals

I haven't lost weight for ages! I'm seriously worried that my HRM is just wrong all round and I'm not eating enough cals!! (The first time I used it I had a doubt, as MFP would register my step class at 520 cals and my HRM said I burn around 325 for 50 mins).

Can you guys let me know what you burned doing P90X in the first couple of weeks? I know heights and weights will be different, but just as an idea. I hear Tony Horton says 600 per class is about right??

Thanks in advance

Anna :flowerforyou:

Replies

• liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do the classic verison. My calorie burn is normally around 400 or so... Not even one is going to have around 600. But you are doing a GREAT job!
  • sonjasmith26
    Options
    I do the classic version and i burn around 700 calories doing the plyometrics and around 400- 500 calories with the other dvd's.. and this is my 3rd week
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    I just started Monday and so far I have:

core synergistics as 445 calories burned
    cardio X as 640 calories
    arms, shoulders and ab rripper X 570 calories burned

I don't know if this is more than it should be. The numbers came straight from my HRM. I am 143lb and 5'7. Your burn sounds pretty good though for some of them. I told myself I would be happy to burn 300 when I started, and it just turned out it was more than that :)
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am almost finished my 1st round of P90X (I have 9 days left), and I hardly every burned 600 calories. I got close a few times, so I think the 600 calorie estimate is a bit off. But everyone is different, and workouts at different intensities. This morning I did Yoga X and burned 461 calories.

Looks like you are doing a great job. If you are concerned with not eating enough, maybe try eating 100 - 200 more calories than you have been.

Good luck!
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am also in my second week (classic version) and the only workout I have had over 600 cals so far was plyometrics. All of the rest have been in the 400 range.

I think a lot of it has to do with your weight and height. I am 5'7" and around 165ish lbs.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your replies. I think eating 100 - 200 over might be the answer as none of you burn as little as me, which is a bit odd.......trial and error I suppose.

I did just put my stats on here and it reckons I should be burning between 400 and 600............hmmmm!

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm

Right, I'm off to do Cardio as I can't be bothered with Yoga today........lol

:bigsmile: