Hey all... I am Alicia and have a TON of weight to lose!!!

Options
Hey all
I am Alicia, i am in Atlantic Canada.
I woke up 1 day and realized I am am 273 lbs and REALLY need to do something about it.
I have 1 little boy who is 4 years old, and an amazing husband who is military and is often away.
Last June my second son was born at 28 1/2 weeks along and passed away the following day. I was very overweight throught his whole pregnancy, and though I handled the pregnancy well and they say it had nothing to do with my weight, he was a very sick little boy. I kind of just losy myself in ice cream, chips, cake and television since then.
We started tryinga gain 4 months ago and have not had any luck. The doctor now tells me I am not ovulating and no one will help me until my BMI is 35 or lower. It is 41-ish now.
So i have started a weight loss journey, and am doing fantastic over the past week at it. I know it is still early and I will hit a wall where I will not feel as confident or interested in it, so I am making sure I surround myself with supportive and helpful people!
I go to Boxercise 3 days a week (burn roughly 1000 cal in one workout), i walk 2 days a week with my husband and son (we sprint for 100m or so every few mins to get our hear rates going) and i have started going to the gym 1 or 2 days a week as well and burn roughly 500 cal when i am there.
Any tips or suggestions anyone has I appreciate!

Replies

• ashmo1785
    ashmo1785 Posts: 117
    Options
    Welcome and good luck
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Welcome!!!! You've made a great start and you can do it!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. :cry:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! This is a great site! Keep logging in and you'll get there! Dedication.... Just remember it take over night to get the weight on..so be patient with it =)

I am so sorry for the loss of your little one. ((hugs)) I have 3 children of mine and 2 of them are former preemies.
  • greengoddess1
    Options
    Welcome! Sorry to hear about the loss of your son. There are a lot of encouraging and support people on this site. You can do it.
  • Sunshinema
    Options
    Fantastic for you and i am sorry for your loss.
    I have found that making small changes in diet has helped so i dont feel like i am not allowed to eat anything i like. i try to make better choices but dont beat myself up when i dont.
    i tried replacing one bad thing with one better thing each week like removing soda and going to zero calorie carbonated water , things like that.
    i lost 60lb before joining here due to a divorce which was good as i needed it but now i am losing inches and not weight which is frustrating as i have about 50-60lbs more to go.
    i think mental attitude plays a big part of it and being prepared with foods for when you are in a rush and planning out your menue for the week when you shop.
    it is a challenge for me every day as a i am a single mom with a picky eater and a vegetarian so food is a challenge.
    i wish you the best of luck and you can friend me if you wish.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how that must feel. I had a miscarriage last year, and have been scared to start trying again until I lose some weight. We can do this girl!! The community and support here is incredible!!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    welcome and you can do this!! you have a great reason to keep going and you have definitely come to the right place!
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia!

First of all I just want to say i'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

If you want any friends for support along the way feel free to add me :)
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am so sorry to hear about your child- it often takes a tragedy for us to realize that we need to change our lives, and it is good to see that you are bringing something positive out of that. I love that you go on walks with your husband and child, getting good habbits at a young age is so important :) I know you will do well on your journey, and I hope that this site and the people here will be able to help you as much as we can.
    One thing that I would like to note though, is to be sure to give your body a time to recover- when I was designing my workout schedule with my personal trainer, when I told him I wanted to work out every day he told me that I should give myself at least 1 day of rest to allow my body to mend itself so I dont end up hurting myself or anything. Just a random note I thought I would share (I dont know how others feel about it, cuz I know a lot of people do workout every day)
    Welcome again :)
  • kelleyo68
    Options
    GOOD LUCK TO U!!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia! Welcome to MFP.....it is a great place to be :flowerforyou:
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son {{hugs}}
    You can do this......we are all here to help each other!
  • lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    First - I am so sorry for your loss - but you can do it. Just make little changes and it will all come together. Good Luck!
  • JaneDeere1975
    Options
    Welcome! I am truely sorry for your loss...and wish you the best of luck on your journey! You have my support, feel free to add me :)
  • iraidatheseeker
    Options
    Hey all
    I woke up 1 day and realized I am am 273 lbs and REALLY need to do something about it.
    I have 1 little boy who is 4 years old, and an amazing husband who is military and is often away.
    Last June my second son was born at 28 1/2 weeks along and passed away the following day. I was very overweight throught his whole pregnancy, and though I handled the pregnancy well and they say it had nothing to do with my weight, he was a very sick little boy. I kind of just losy myself in ice cream, chips, cake and television since then.
    We started tryinga gain 4 months ago and have not had any luck. The doctor now tells me I am not ovulating and no one will help me until my BMI is 35 or lower. It is 41-ish now.
    So i have started a weight loss journey, and am doing fantastic over the past week at it. I know it is still early and I will hit a wall where I will not feel as confident or interested in it, so I am making sure I surround myself with supportive and helpful people!
    I go to Boxercise 3 days a week (burn roughly 1000 cal in one workout), i walk 2 days a week with my husband and son (we sprint for 100m or so every few mins to get our hear rates going) and i have started going to the gym 1 or 2 days a week as well and burn roughly 500 cal when i am there.

Looks to me like you're started off doing great! :wink: Keep it up and you'll def get to where you want to be! :smile:
    Sorry for your loss! :frown: :flowerforyou:
    Feel free to add me if you like. :wink:
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi! yes it is hard and it takes time,patience and a will for the bigger picture.for you thats another baby what more motivation can you get.this is a great place to start!!!!:bigsmile:
  • KelRed
    KelRed Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome Alicia! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. You definitely came to the right place to help with your weight loss journey. I am still new to MFP too! But, I will tell you it has helped me stay accountable with what I am putting in my mouth.
  • Trozendaal
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great plan in place, you will start seeing results soon. You sound like a strong woman to have gone through the loss of your son. You can do this!
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I cannot imagine how that feels, and I completely understand how you fell into an unhealthy lifestyle. Stress and depression will do that to anybody. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck, You can do it!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    First I want to say that I am sorry for your loss. I can't even fathom it. I have no children because I do not ovulate. Diagnosed PCOS in my early 20's, used fertility drugs to no avail. They did say my weight was associated with the disease. Have they checked you out? You and I are very close in weight so we have a ways to go, if you need a friend along the way add me, we can help each other. This is a great site with wonderfully supportive people. I wish you all the best!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hey all
    welcome to the forum feel free to add me for diet and workout help and to encourage you along the path.