random question for the ladies

Options
I've been talking to my females friends and found that many dont like the 6 pack over muscular approach. I'm single so the work I'm doing is for me, but I'm aiming on dropping my body fat to 10-15% and build the muscle.

My question is, and i understand its a broad one, but what do you consider an attractive body?

Replies

• jeopardy1974
    Options
    I prefer the "strong man" type body to the "muscle man" type. I don't like the veiny/bulgy look. I like how the guys in strong man competitions are built; thick and strong but not too ripply. This is just a personal preference though.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Someone posted something similar to this yesterday so I'll answer the same: a sense of humor, dark eyes, strong arms. I don't care about a 6 pack or anything like that.
  • Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    When dating I tended to pick men who were large themselves b/c I was large. Now that I have lost weight (and married), I tend to think men who have a healthy body look to them are more attractive. My husband is currently loosing weight too, and I have told him I do not want bulky muscles, I do not find attractive, but would like him to just look healthy with alittle tone to him.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Although I dont really look at the body first as I like nice eyes and good teeth but I am appreciative of a toned body. That said, I dont like very pumped up bods where t-shirt sleeves are too tight due to huge biceps.

Well done on your stone lost.
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I prefer the "strong man" type body to the "muscle man" type. I don't like the veiny/bulgy look. I like how the guys in strong man competitions are built; thick and strong but not too ripply. This is just a personal preference though.

ewww veins!!! gross!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Muscle,muscle,muscle...but thats just me
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I've been talking to my females friends and found that many dont like the 6 pack over muscular approach. I'm single so the work I'm doing is for me, but I'm aiming on dropping my body fat to 10-15% and build the muscle.

My question is, and i understand its a broad one, but what do you consider an attractive body?

Don't worry at 10-15% BF you will not have a ripped 6 pack, probably an outline of abs but not ripped.
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't complain if a man had a six pack or more but it isn't required. I think it really all depends on what kind of woman you are trying to get as well. I would just aim for making yourself happy and then the women will show up.
  • JeanMargaret
    Options

Everybody's different. For me - the attractiveness comes in the way he carries himself and takes care of himself. He doesn't have to be muscled-out, but his body should reflect the stance he has on his health.

That's why I'm here. My body does not, currently, reflect my views on health, so I'm changing it so it WILL reflect how I feel about health.

Good luck!

Jean
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I prefer my man to be taller and bigger than me. When I see a highly muscled man, I wonder how much time that takes to manage, because then we won't be together during his workouts
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    To me, an attractive body is one that isn't massively over or underweight. That's really all that matters. An attractive personality, good teeth and sparkly eyes are far more important. I don't think many girls want to be with a guy who obsesses about his appearance! At least not openly. I would want a man to want to spend time with me, not in the gym.
  • johnblackmur
    Options
    thanks for the responses I think i'll just focus on losing the body fat and figure out whats next when i hit that target
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the waxed look is a big turn off.
  • johnblackmur
    Options
    yeah i aint waxing for no one. look at my update pictures, i have too much hair
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Oh yes I agree
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    SO agree!!
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    Women's minds just work differently when it comes to this stuff. For instance, men most always judge a woman by the way her body and face look. Women don't do that nearly as much. Women are more interested in what is on the inside. At least that's how I am. I couldn't care less about 6-pack abs. A fit healthy body is just fine.
  • diviana
    diviana Posts: 53
    Options
    Personally, I think having the perfect 6-pack is a vanity thing for men, just like having a rockin booty or perfect boobs is for women. What is considered attractive is such a vast arena, and completely subjective depending on who you ask. Now that I'm getting myself into shape, I want someone with the same mindset. A perfect body is not required, but a commitment to healthy living and working toward fitness is. Good muscle definition and tone is nice, but too little or too much is a turn off for me :-)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    either a swimmers body, long and lean but not scrawny (HOT) or like a lumber jack, big tall and strong with purposeful muscles, not creepy ones (these are the kind of guys I love to hug and cuddle, they make a girl feel safe and secure)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 6 pack, I like to see definition in a mans arms, legs, chest and back but I DON'T find body builders attractive at all. I hate that veiny, overdone, steroidy look.

Okay and beyond that since I thought wanted to know about the build not everything else:

I like nice teeth and not hairy body, good hygiene in general and it never hurts to be smart and funny and ambitious as well.