Hi all

Options
My name is Christina, I'm new to the Forum but been using MFP for a while now.

I'm finding it so hard not eating in between meals so thought i would come onto the forum and see if any good tips out there to curb the hunger.

Really motivated by these success stories on here, i have lost weight before but then i started an office job and i went from a 12 to a 16 within a few months, so back to the old losing weight game now. Gosh its' so hard but hoping people on here with they're success stories can help me along :)

Replies

• shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP.

You could try nibbling bits of fruit inbetween meals if youy are really struggling xx
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck, water is making me stop snacking in between:smile:
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

I've tried fruit but my downfall (and don't know if anyone else has this problem) is that if/when i eat in between meals i can get more hungry, wanting more food :/ so this week i have started to have chewing gum which does help a little.

I have also started the old drinking water tactic too :)
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum makes your stomach think that food is on its way plus you still absorbe the sugars ect from it. Id try the water instead if you can x
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have to plan into my daily calories a small morning and afternoon snack - I'd never manage eating nothing in between! Usually just a cereal bar, apple or banana, but I often work out before lunch or dinner so I need something to keep me going.
    One thing I find is it's good to look at other people's diaries for ideas - not claiming it's great, but mine's open for friends if you want to add me, and a lot of people have theirs open for everyone.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Why not add more friends and then check out their diaries,you would be amazed at the amount of inspiration that you can gain from these diaries.Everyone has differing tastes and ways of eating.I have found foods that I havent touched for years and years and had forgotten just how much I loved them.Its definitely worth a go,plus you get more support.So win win.

Good Luck...:smile:
  • LuvLeigh42
    LuvLeigh42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hey there, well to tell the truth, I am having the same problem, but I started to realized how important the calorie counting is so now im just being really careful not to go over my allowed calories...maybe carrots and celery sticks might be good tho.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    HI Christina!!! You have the Shelia disease. I am such a snacker...I mean a snacker... So here is what i try to do. Try to eat something every 3 to 31/2 hours. watch your choices and protein will hold you over to the next meal. Calories are important to so I know thi makes it alittle complicated. You can never go wrong with fruit or simple items. I wish you great success and friend me if you wish! Best wishes! Shelia