favourite ways to have cottage cheese

Options

Replies

• rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like mine with bear naked banana nut granola. Yum.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Mixed with yogurt!! So Yummy and great protein!!!
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    On double fiber wheat toast with tomatoe slices and salt and pepper,,,,,, for any meal very healthy:laugh:
  • MahalaDavis
    MahalaDavis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I toss one of those little single serving cups of cottage cheese and one of the "no sugar added" fruit cups in my bag every morning before work. It's the perfect portion controlled mid morning snack at my desk. I mix them together in the cottage cheese cup, although it gets a little messy. I don't think I've ever opened one of those fruit cups without spilling some of the juice.
  • knippes
    knippes Posts: 1
    Options
    As a special treat, I put a tablespoon of grape jelly in mine. YUUUMMMMYY!
  • beckyanders
    Options
    with salt and pepper and grape tomatoes and cucumbers.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I love it with jalapenos!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    With a tomato and a little salt and pepper or in place of salad dressing on my fresh veggie salad, so yummy! It's creamy and I don't miss ranch dressing at all!!!
  • Kamar4
    Kamar4 Posts: 4
    Options
    sounds weird but really good. I have my cottage cheese on top of whole wheat toast!:happy:
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Ways I had it before and it was good:

-With homemade low sugar cranberry sauce (used stevia to make it)
    -With pepper
    -With pomegranate seeds and you scoop it with celery sticks
    -With blueberries
    -In a tuna melt instead of shredded cheese and mayo (you mix it in there with herbs and then put some shredded cheese on top)
    -With edamame
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I've repeated a few other suggestions here, but I like to eat mine with beets, jam, and fruit!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    Love mine with fruits....especially blueberries!
  • lindalester
    lindalester Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like it mixed with applesauce and bran buds for breakfast
  • nsavard21
    nsavard21 Posts: 11
    Options
    I got a great recipe for a protein pancake that looks yucky, but believe me, it's yummy!

1/3 cup oats
    1/3 cup cottage cheese
    3 egg whites

blend it all together until it looks like pancake batter and then cook it like you would a pancake, you can also add some cinnamon or cocoa for flavor. I like to put some peanut butter and cut up Banana on mine....super good!
  • Katie0429
    Katie0429 Posts: 15
    Options
    This might sound weird at first, but you HAVE to try it! Garden Salsa Sunchips dipped in the cottage cheese is not-so sinfully AWESOME!
  • JenabeeRose
    JenabeeRose Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my absolute FAVORITE snack in the entire word is cottage cheese on triscuits... omgsh soo delicious!!
  • MightyMom4
    MightyMom4 Posts: 180
    Options
    Okay...I am gonna have to buy about 4 tubs of cottage cheese to try out all these great suggestions. Personally, I haven't found anything that I don't like with cottage cheese....love the stuff. Thanks for the great post!
  • Bruer
    Bruer Posts: 7
    Options
    Egg Flan

3 eggs
    1 tub of cottage cheese
    A little chopped peppers
    1 small tin of ye olde oak ham

Beat eggs in a bowl, add tub of any flavour cottage cheese.Grate ham with coarsest part of grater ( no need to season as ham is salty) Mix all ingredients together and place in suitable dish. Cook in oven 200c 30-35 mins depending how brown you like it. Serve hot or cold

No credit to me though its a friend that gave me the recipe and its yummy :)
  • Sassy196
    Sassy196 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is what I love !! Not sure of the calories but it shouldn't be too bad :)
    My Mom always made this when we were kids. I substituted the lower calorie options.

Cottage Cheese and Lime Jello
    1 - 8 oz (sm) low fat cottage cheese
    1 - sugar free lime jello
    1 - 6 - 8 oz can crushed pineapple
    1 - 8 oz (i cup) lite cool whip
    Mix cottage cheese and lime jello powder (dry). Add crushed pineapple (drain all od the juices off of it).
    Fold in Cool Whip and chill 1 -2 hours before serving.
    Enjoy !!!
  • Stunce
    Stunce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is great with strawberries, refreshing and delicious!