Breakfast suggestions?!

Options
Just writing up my grocery list for next week.....I get sick and tired of the same old same old.....so I try to have variety every now and then!

What do you eat for breakfast that's fast to make, nutritious and fills you up!?

Thank you!!!!!
I've been eating cream of wheat, yogurt parfaits.....

Replies

• standarddancinggirl
    standarddancinggirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tend to just grab a slimfast. But you could do hard boiled eggs or something like that
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bagel thins with laughing cow cheese wedge ( lite garlic and herb) 3 egg whites on top and make a sandwhich!

Multigrain cheerios w/ blueberries

Steel cut oats w/ 1 tbsp PB and a cut up banana mixed in........

These are a few of my favorites!!!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    My breakfast staples:

eggs (from dipping to scrambled to sandwiches to wraps)

oatmeal

toast with PB and honey

Kix with strawberries or other types of cereal.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite breakfast every morning that keeps me full and tastes great is an egg white sandwich. I don't get hungry until lunch when I have this, but I still have a light snack mid-morning because i've always heard more frequent small meals does the trick! :)

I use Thomas Better Start Multi-Grain Muffins (100 calories and 8g of fiber each!), low sodium sliced ham, slice of cheese, and 2 or 3 egg whites. They taste great and mine adds up to about 200 calories. I also add a few strawberries or something like that too it some mornings too. Hope this helps! I have had this every morning for awhile and just don't get sick of it, because it's pretty filling and just tastes great! :)
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    I like a whole wheat piece of toast with no sugar added jam and an egg. yummy and fills me up
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal - the old fashioned kind. I boil the water while stretching after my workout, then add the oats and turn the stove off while I take a shower. This makes it a little drier than if I only did the 5 minutes cooking in the directions, but I add 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt (lowfat) to 1/3 c. oatmeal and it makes a filling breakfast. Sometimes I put in cinnamon. It doesn't bother me to eat the same thing most days. I'm focused on getting out the door to work.
  • meanjeann
    meanjeann Posts: 40
    Options
    Greek Gods yogurt (plain) and low-fat granola cereal mixed together. I only eat a half-portion of the cereal. Keeps me going until lunch!
  • GettingFit45
    GettingFit45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean :) (stickin to this one lately)
    I like Smart Ones Breakfast Burrito :)
    Oatmeal
    Fresh raspberries on the cereal is good. :)

I've gotta find this Laughing cow cheese !! I love cheese but have had to cut it back alot and that is a bummer!
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My new breakfast fav is 2 peices high fiber whole wheat toast, 1 tbls Nutella and sliced straberries...keeps me full and I get my chocolate fix:laugh:
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I like whole wheat bagel thins w/peanut butter & slices of banana
  • Ridestolive6969
    Options
    Egg white omelets-

I use different herbs, spices, mrs. dash flavors, and put in a touch of cheese (for taste mostly), add veggies, etc.
    I also make egg white omelets with splenda and cinnamon, (like a crepe) and put all kinds of fruit inside!
    You can put a little fat free cream cheese on top too!

Because I make them differently every day I dont get sick of them!
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    * pieces I meant :noway:
  • ewackenhut
    Options
    Steel cut oats are about the healthiest hot cereal you can eat. They take a while to perpare because you have to boil them in a little water like you would non instant oatmeal, but they are great topped with berries, walnuts, banannas, geek yougurt, honey---just about anything you can think of loading them up with to make then extra nutritious and delicious.
  • kursejohn
    kursejohn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Half ruby red grapefruit and toast (brownberry natural 100% whole wheat bread) with 1 tbsp of Kroger - neufchatel cheese (less calories than cream cheese and tastes the same), and coffee (black).

Total 209 calories - 35 carbs - 5 fat - 7 protein - 323 sodium (240 mgs from bread) - 10 chol. Sticks with me until snack and/or lunch.
  • cdelbove
    cdelbove Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast right now is a banana with 2 tsp. Natural Peanut Butter with 1 tsp of honey. I also have been eating a soft boiled egg with an english muffin on the weekends. Both keep me full until my midmorning snack.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Thanks guys! These are great :) Going to encorporate a little bit of everything!