Ottawa Area Encouragement Group

Options
Hello,

My name is Charles, but my friends call me Charlie.
I have been working with MyFitnessPal for a while,
but I don't seem to be making much progress.

I am more used to working in a Team enviroment,
so I thought I would see if anyone else in the Ottawa area
was active on this site, and might be interested in
getting some mutal support and encouragement.

To help myself, and others, is the goal. With this in mind,
Ottawa Area Encouragement Group is my first try at this.

If you are interested in trying, pleae invite me to be a friend.
Otherwise, wishing you good luck with your goals.

CharlieP

Replies

• akascotty2hotty
    Options
    Any chance you live in Kanata? In the last couple of years I have dropped 60lbs and ran 5k to a marathon. This past year and a half I put about 30 lbs back on and am now back at it. I'd love to switch over to train for an iron man...I might have to learn how to swim a bit better! lol I can get from point A to B but it isn't pretty!
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    wow.. I am surprised there isn't more Ottawans that replied to this post! Just you, me and Scotty!
    So, how are you doing Charlie? Still on this MFP and chucking along?

I've been on MFP since just before Christmas I think. It's been ok for me but I just realized I wasn't really using it well.
    I work out every day but wasn't eating my darn workout calories and I was below min. calories! I haven't budged on the scale in a long time! I just started eating more this week and I can already see the scale slowly moving. I find it difficult to weight so much but feel like I should weight less since I kill myself at the gym pretty much every day :) In time I guess. First step was to learn to eat enough calories to support my workouts!
    My second challenge is to quit eating in the evening, after dinner no more food allowed near my mouth! I just started that this week.. so we'll see. I find it very difficult since I usually eat garbage around 8-9 when I bum around on facebook once the kids are in bed. And that's when I also realize that I didn't eat enough all day so I want to eat something so I'm above my recommended calories.

Anywho... add me as a friend if you wish. I need the kick in the butt and I believe that's what you were looking for also when you started this thread :happy:
  • tizzy22
    tizzy22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Another fellow Ottawan here!!! SO excited to find some Ottawa folks on here. I love the idea of the group - anythign to help push and motivate each other. Please feel free to add me as well!

Chat soon, Amanda