TGI Fridays

Options
I am invited to TGI Fridays tonight. Does anybody know a low calorie dish there?

Replies

• BriannaSkye
    BriannaSkye Posts: 135
    Options
    The dragon fire chicken is one of the lowest calorie foods :) its a little spicy but not to much
  • ccarterwilliams
    Options
    I believe they have a under 550 calorie menu at Fridays
  • vballer21
    vballer21 Posts: 37
    Options
    Their dragonfire chicken is my favorite. It's only 440 calories for the entire dish. It's very filling and super good!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten at a TGIF in awhile, but if I remember correctly, they mark the lower calorie items on their menu. It's also available online if you want to plan it out: http://www.tgifridays.com/menus/menus.aspx
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Ugh...FYI - most of the loaded nutritional data for TGI Fridays that is on MFP is wrong. I had emailed them about a few specific dishes because they refuse to post their nutritional information publiclly....for good reason too!

The best you can do is the Dragonfire Chicken.
  • Lewzy
    Lewzy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Remember, you don't always have to eat healthily. A sudden calorie increase may seem bad but it'll give your metabolism a kick and actually help you lose the weight faster. I personally treated myself when I was out for a meal with friends and I've lost 42lbs since the beginning of December!
  • svackar
    svackar Posts: 33
    Options
    they have a key west shrimp skewer dinner with a side of broccoli.
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    Yes, they have a low calorie menu and it's great! It's called "Right Portion, Right Price." My favorite is the Parmesan Crusted Chicken. It comes with two sides: three cheese tortellini with spinach and fresh tomato mozzarella salad. Enjoy!
  • lovinlife71
    lovinlife71 Posts: 230
    Options
    Last time I went I also had the key west shrimp skewer dinner with a side of broccoli.
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The key west shrimp is good. You could splurge and eat green bean fries if you felt so inclined.
  • MizSpock
    MizSpock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also love the Dragonfire Chicken.

I suggest getting the sauce on the side. That's also a way to shave some calories, as the sauce is heavy.
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    Wow, that sounds yummy. I will check out the low calorie list but the Dragon Fire Chicken and the Key west Shrimp both sound already good. Now I am released. Thanks everyone.:happy:
  • Gr8_body4life
    Options
    Remember, you don't always have to eat healthily. A sudden calorie increase may seem bad but it'll give your metabolism a kick and actually help you lose the weight faster. I personally treated myself when I was out for a meal with friends and I've lost 42lbs since the beginning of December!

Just a quick note though,....Make sure you are in the place where you CAN cheat, and it wont lead you down a road that you don't want to go! If you can handle a single cheat thats fine, but if it turns into a week cheat then a month cheat DONT do it!
    One of the episodes on biggest loser was the cast spending two weeks at home, and one of the guys was turning 21, they bought his favorite cheese cake, but in the end he refused because he knew for him it would be a slippery slope.
    Know where you stand before you sit and eat!

I think they have a right portions size menu, which is much smaller then their normal ones and it keeps the calories quite low. Or right away take away half the food and ask for a to-go box, that way you will know you limited even if it is really high!
    Good Luck!!!
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    My problem is, that I think I have to finish my whole plate even though i am full already (was raised that way), and most of the restaurants serve huge plates with way to many cal. on them. But to know, I have the right size food with the right amount of calories in front of me, makes me feel good and not overstuffed.