wii games

Options
I have a Wii but never really use it. My b-day is next Friday and I am going to ask for my some excercise wii games. I would rather games that I am not requred to play every day since I like to switch things up. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I did ask for Wii fit plus but any other ideas would be great. Thanks

Replies

• megancx3
    megancx3 Posts: 17
    Options
    The wii active 2.
    I want to try and get zumba for wii as well.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I also was partially paraylzed a few years ago, so I am not able to run, jog or hop.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 1 and 2 ! There is a game play on it where you can set it to hit a certain number of "sweat points" but you don't have to play that way.

I play Gold Gym's Dance Workout.. I personally play it with the personal trainer where you're supposed to do it everyday but you don't have to. It has plenty of workouts and a create your own workout thing so you can do it at your leisure :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you can dance, I've heard good things about Just Dance 2, but I don't know what all you have to do in it.

If you get the EA Sports Active 2, you can pick and choose what exercises you want to do and put them into a routine that you can save and do over and over. You could just avoid the activities that you aren't able to do, focusing instead on arm strength and such. You can do the same with Fit Plus.
  • babyprincess13
    Options
    the biggest loser challenge wii is great :-)
  • tree79
    tree79 Posts: 6
    Options
    I've been using the Wii Fit Plus game for about a month now and I really like it. :)
  • jessicafreake
    Options
    I have the WII fit and i do not like it as you do not really sweat all that much the ones that I use the most are the WII active (it comes with the exercise band and the leg strap) You can use there 30 day challenge or create your own regimine but they have cardio and strength training that work together and it helps to actually tone the body not just lose weight( this one is created by personal trainer bob greene), the other one that I use is Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 this one is good to but I only use this one occaisonally. Hope this helps.

Good Luck
  • Shobutta
    Shobutta Posts: 1
    Options
    I love my wii, especially the Michael Jackson game. It not only helps with your dance moves but causes you to sweat. Just Dance 2 a combination of all the songs that you have to follow and is intense. I also have a gold's gym video that only seems to show boxing so far and I have wii fit that gave me the encouragement to return to working out daily and counting calories. My current wii person is short and fat. :( NOT FOR LONG. Keep up the good work.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i love this game
  • e3slisa
    e3slisa Posts: 65
    Options
    Dancing on broadway is fun :smile:
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Wii Zumba. I have gotten best work out from it. My second fave is Just Dance, and Dancing on Broadway, And then Wii Active and Wii Active 2. All these I got more out of than Wii Fit. But Wii Fit is fun too, the cross road Cycling on wii fit was my favorite there. But Wii Zumba has been a fantastic all over body work out, and if you can't keep up with them, it's not going cause problems with the game, you can keep going.
  • calequestrian
    calequestrian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit Plus mostly to keep records of my progress, and I do the free step. I use My Fitness Coach for Wii and Zumba...

Wii Fit Plus does not give me a great work out,but it does get you moving...I like the yoga and strength training on it.
  • pinkie55
    pinkie55 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have the WII fit and i do not like it as you do not really sweat all that much the ones that I use the most are the WII active (it comes with the exercise band and the leg strap) You can use there 30 day challenge or create your own regimine but they have cardio and strength training that work together and it helps to actually tone the body not just lose weight( this one is created by personal trainer bob greene), the other one that I use is Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 this one is good to but I only use this one occaisonally. Hope this helps.

Good Luck

I have a question. I did just 5 minutes to see how this program works since I rented it. It showed I burnt 38 calories. I did the running which is the first thing on it and I consider that general aerobics. When I plug in 5 minutes under that category, the burnt calories are much higher. Just wondering how I record my burnt calories. What do you do? I'm not finding Jillian in the exercise database.

Weird, I just checked my burnt calories again and they weren't that far off when the wii....about 9 calories diff so I think I'm not going to stress about it.