Looking for encouragement - 50+ and trying to shed it!

Options
daniran
daniran Posts: 233 Member
Hi, I'm fairly new to the site as well. Been on many diets to no avail. Really going to give it my best this time (still trying to add excercise though) LOL! Foodwise, I think I'm on the right track. Look's like I have at least 70lbs to lose. I'm at 233 down from 249 when I started thinking you'd better do something. I'm trying to get to 175lbs. Don't know if I should set the ladder so high at this point(?) But, Oh well! Here we go!

Replies

• patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO THIS...

Exercise, water, portion control and BETTER food is key. Sometimes it is hard to stay motivated but this site really helps. there are ALOT of great people out here that have great info and advice.

BEST OF LUCK
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The height of ladder is not the issue but rather if you are willing to climb it.

You made the first "rung" by deciding it was time to do something, now set smaller goals (rungs) to achieve that will get you to the top!

Welcome, and add me if you need some support.
  • mswells70
    mswells70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. It's hard but be sure you log your food in everyday. That really helps me.
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    Good luck! My mil/fil have lost over 100 lbs by changing their diet and adding exercise. You can totally do it. They do the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. I do them too and I am seeing results! Good luck! :)
  • firefighterswife58
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!

I started at 290, I went down to 180, than gained up to 218 again. I've decided this time I'm not going to diet I'm going to change my lifestyle, which is going to have to be a life long commit for me! I don't want to be just thin. I want to be healthy. I have been working out hard, and eating only foods that are good for me and benefit my weightloss! Its hard, don't think of it as I have to lose over 50 pounds, make small goals and you will get there slowly in time :)
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Good for you for getting on. I have lost 22 lbs and have 55 more to go- also reaching for a 175 goal. Good luck!
  • sellingsworth
    Options
    Welcome - I am also 50+ :smile:
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    The height of ladder is not the issue but rather if you are willing to climb it.

You made the first "rung" by deciding it was time to do something, now set smaller goals (rungs) to achieve that will get you to the top!

Welcome, and add me if you need some support.

Tom,
    Great words of wisdom...choice was up to you to get to this point. Choice is up to you what you're now going to do with it.

You can totally do it and we're here for you...
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I lost 83 lbs years ago and slowly gained every bit back. I just joined the site Monday and have been doing really well, but at my age (48) and all this water I been drinking, I am going to have to start buying stock in toilet paper.
  • amii37
    amii37 Posts: 15
    Options
    You can do this,just make sure to track your food and exercise.I just started on Monday and everyone I've met has been so helpful,,Good luck :smile:
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Wow! I'm at work right now. shhh! But, I wanted to thank everyone of you who left me an encouraging message. My heart is warmed by your generosity to share with me:blushing: . I feel like that little train "I think I can, I think I can, I think I have a plan, I can do most anything, If I think I can.":smooched: