r/loseit! Come say hello!

Options
I set up this message board for any redditors using myfitnesspal.

I know r/loseit has helped me quite a bit, so why not create our own little group here for all of us using this tool?

Introduce yourself, say hullo, share your reddit user name, weight loss goal, tips, tricks, etc. etc. etc. (if you'd like!)

I'm girl_with_a_curl over on reddit also, I'm 26yrs old, female, looking to lose 50 lbs to start with!

Replies

• inverno
    inverno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Hiver over at reddit. I'm 28 tomorrow, and I'm down 27lbs so far. I've got 30lbs left before I hit my initial goal. Fat man is fat.
  • eyensee153
    Options
    Hey..
    I'm Splittfin from Reddit..been lurking mostly, getting motivation for sure. I'm 5'7" 165lbs, looking to get to around 145lbs..the loss number is flexable as I am 50 and weight loss is a little harder now.
    I have a date with my brother to run a half marathon in October. That is my goal, to run the half, could weigh more could weigh less...we will see.. :)
    Very nice to meet you GWAC..I really like this website..
    Have a great weekend!!!
  • jamuraa
    jamuraa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm using this! I'm down a bunch, but have a long way to go. I started just recently using it here.

I've been a bit more commenty-lately but anyway it's nice to have this group to connect! Thanks.

I'm jamuraa over there too, 30 yrs old, male, and just met my first goal, and heading towards my second goal which is 50lbs away.
  • kimnastics
    Options
    Just started, we'll see how this goes. Add me if you'd like.
  • trjames
    trjames Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all redditors! Add me if you'd like! Trjames here and shovelingtom over there.
  • onebrookerlady
    onebrookerlady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! Glad to find you all here, I just started yesterday, but I'm hoping to lose 15-20 pounds by May. I'm kresnick over at reddit, I'll add you guys here to help keep me motivated (as long as you don't mind!).
  • othersiderock
    othersiderock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hii Redditors!
    I'm MeowNow at Reddit. F/22 I'm 5'9" and I'm currently at 150. (BMI 22.1) My normal weight is 145 so I'm hoping to get back down to that and eventually down to 135.

I'm using mostly diet right now to regulate my life. I'm eating a low amount of calories (1,200 a day) but getting most of it from veggies and the occasional slice of steak so I feel pretty good. I'm definitely not starving or even hungry with all the yummy healthy food that I've been eating. Hopefully soon I can get into a more serious exercise routine instead of just doing pilates. I'm dedicated to staying on this caloric restriction until at least the end of February unless I start an intense workout routine. Add me on here if you like. I haven't started using the friends feature yet. :)
  • girl_with_a_curl
    Options
    Well, I suppose I should introduce myself a bit more...

I'm 26yr old female, 5'6". I started at 201 lbs (my picture with the crawfish is from that fateful weekend at the very end of July), I'm down to around 183 today! My goal is 150, then I'll reevaluate and probably head down to 140!

The past six months:

August: -10lbs with a very strict diet of no more than 1500 cals/day and usually less than 1000, and strictly adhering to the C25K program
    September: -5lbs with the same diet, no exercise because going from being a fat lazy blob to road running every other day destroyed my knees
    October: +5lbs because I stopped being so strict on my diet & still wasn't exercising
    November: -5lbs with getting back on the 1500 calories/day diet, and joining a gym (exercising 2-3 times a week)
    December: no change, I stopped working out, pigged out during the holidays but behaved myself otherwise
    January: -3lbs so far, still not working out (I keep making excuses, it's ridiculous & is changing) but adhering to a 1200 calorie/day regimen (except the weekends because apparently I don't have much willpower left)

Going forward I'm going to stick with my 1200 calories/day or thereabouts, and start back up at the gym. There's no other way to do it, and I'm tired of making excuses for myself and not seeing awesome results like I did in the beginning!!
  • RunDevil
    Options
    Hello fellow redditors!

I'm about 160lbs right now. I wouldn't consider myself "fat" but I've gotten a little out of shape. I've been on this website for about a month now, and I've been running a lot! Feel free to add me :)
  • TrevorJordan
    TrevorJordan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey r/loseit!

I've been a lurker of this subreddit, but it's time for me to finally get involved. I hope you guys don't mind if I add you as friends. I would enjoy the support.

Thanks,
    TrevorJordan
  • Serasha
    Serasha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Serasha (on both forums) and I've been trying to live healthier since I had my daughter almost a year and a half ago. I didn't gain much during my pregnancy, but afterward I suffered some post-partum depression when I failed at breastfeeding and put on almost 30 pounds. I've lost 19 total so far and 14 of those were with MFP. I love r/loseit mostly for motivation. I am very strong-willed and having my food diary public helps me to stick to eating healthy because I want to set a good example for friends who can see my diary. :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone,

Just decided to search "myfitnesspal" on reddit and found you all. Adding now. :)
  • elbandito
    Options
    Oh hai Reddit!

I did what she did ^^^

Adding now :)
  • hear_the_applause
    Options
    You should add me because I'm awesome.

I'm also going to shameless plug my blog (http://heartheapplause.blogspot.com/)!
  • samkaca
    samkaca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow redditors!

I'm LifeStartsNow on reddit.

Been using MFP for 2months (today, actually), starting weight: 219, currently: 193.6. I love MFP and how much easier it makes my life. My current goal is 170, and I'm sure I'm going to want to go lower once I get there.... but for now, little steps!

I also started a daily blog-y thing to help hold myself accountable, so it's here if anyone's interested: http://lifestartsnow18.blogspot.com/ I enjoy reading other people's posts and offering support/advice/motivation :)

See you all on reddit! Feel free to add me if you wish :)
  • happycheshire
    Options
    Ha, awesome. Hi Reddit! I'm cheshirecatsmiley on reddit, happycheshire here because that's what I'm trying to be. Happy. And healthy. Trying to lose 100 pounds, 1 pound at a time. Whew.
  • 30in11
    30in11 Posts: 14
    Options
    Is anyone still kicking around this thread? I also did what they up there did and searched loseit... ended up here. I'm ex-stasis on reddit, 30in11 here because that's the goal!

I lost 75lbs in 2004 doing Weight Watchers and then had two kids. My weight was more or less under control until my son stopped nursing and the calorie burning magic stopped--and I continued to eat like it hadn't. Gained about 20lbs. So, that (and a bit more) has to go.

This is only my third day here, so I'm not really sure how the site works completely, but add me as a friend!
  • SmartestRat
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I occasionally lurk r/loseit but mostly spend my time in r/fitness. I'm dancingpriest on Reddit and can generally be found asking really dumb questions in Fittit and Runnit.
    Add me if you want! Would love to have some friends.
    Shayna
  • raavyn
    raavyn Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey fellow losers! I'm raavyn on reddit and on here. :)
  • jpjamo
    jpjamo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow so many r/losers on here :) I'm one as well, feel free to add me please. I've had the myfitnesspal app for a while but only started using it since jillatha started the 12weeks summer diet checkin.

Sine starting I've lost just over 20lbs current weight is168lbs, hope to get tdown to about 150lbs by summer.