newbie :)!

Options
hi, i joined mfp a few days ago and have absolutely loved browsing through this message boards, it's amazing how much you have all motivate and encouraged me to start living a healthier lifestyle and many others with out even knowing you're doing it. i've went back quite a few pages reading a lot of amazing stories and help.

i've started taking walks on the beach, going for jogs with my dog, and i'm starting the 30 day shred today! (wish me luck, i've heard it's hard work, haha) i've also started drinking green tea, and i'm trying to reach 2 litres of water a day.

my only problem seems to be going under my calorie goal (does anyone else have this problem?) i don't really feel i need to eat that much, i'm not starving myself in any way or form, i just don't feel hungry through the day any other time than before lunch / dinner and i'm eating a normal amount for them. i know that i'm going to have to eat more, especially with doing the 30ds, i just don't know how?!

i still need to do my measurements, and get weighed (I have no scales!) but i'm about 5'7 / 5'8!

Replies

• ksumm21
    ksumm21 Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! It really is an awesome place. :)

I also had trouble reaching my calorie goal in the beginning too which surprised me because I felt like all I use to do was eat haha. There are still times when I'm under, but now it's usually only by a few calories. A lot of times I'll drink some juice or eat some extra fruit if I'm too much under my calorie goal.

I'm started the 30 day Shred two weeks ago and it is indeed hard! lol. But I can already feel/see the results. Not exactly much weight loss but definitely inches which is fine with me.

Good luck with everything! :)
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you are going to love this site!
  • Franmagick
    Options
    thanks for the support guys, just did the first day of 30ds and struggled to walk back up the stairs afterwards, lol!
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    If you're not used to having breakfast, start small, but start somewhere. Even if it's only a small bowl of cereal or a slice of toast and peanut butter. After a week or two your body will get the idea, and start asking for it.

Also, many people find a snack shortly before and/or after working out helps with energy.