Have you cut out soda and juice?

Options
I'm on day 13 of no soda, no juice (arghhh, it's killing me), just water (lots of it, at least 12 cups/day), 1% milk, tea with a bit of honey to sweeten it, and the occasional glass of white or rosé wine. Just curious about what everyone else is doing when it comes to drinks!

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Im having the odd diet coke (once a week), but mainly drinking water and a few cups of tea a day with skimmed milk.

Also a glass or 2 of wine if im out with friends, every few weeks.
    x
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    No soda, but I occasionally have juice with no sugar added. In the beginning however I did cut everything out so that I could get use to drinking water and reaching my daily water intake goal.

Good luck!
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Yes. I have had neither juice nor pop for a year now. I do not miss it at all. I have water, tea and coffee.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I cut soda a few years ago. Don't miss it at all now. The first few weeks were hard though.

Juice I still have occasionally.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm cutting down on coffee switching to water and its killing me! Coffee withdrawal is bad!!!!!!!!
  • katnz17
    katnz17 Posts: 45
    Options
    I've never been a big soda drinker, just occasionally as a treat. But I have cut out and miss juice. Once or twice a week I make a big fruit smoothie with frozen banana, yoghurt and a little juice to make it up to myself. It's mostly good things so I don't stress about it too much (certainly beats ice cream or other splurges)
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did cut out soda and juice, but not on purpose. One of my goals was to drink AT LEAST 8 glasses of water a day. REALLY hard to get any more of anything else in when you're drinking that much water! Also, soda has been what has derailed me countless times before, it's very much addictive. I'm to the point now though that I feel nauseated when I see someone else downing one, so I think it's really gonna stick this time!!
  • keryn92
    keryn92 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have completely cut out soda, tea, and juice. I will drink a cup of coffee or milk occasionally but thats it. Everything else is water water water
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    soda I went cold turkey. been 1 year 4 months now. juice I cut back alot. haven't given it up. I have OJ mostly with breakfast.
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've never really been a big fan of soda but I do have the occassional diet coke - maybe once or twice a fortnight. I drink fizzy water, never used to like it but seem to have developed a taste, cofee with skimmed milk and tea without sugar. I have cut out fruit juice - I have the odd glass now and again as a treat but don't drink it regularly any more.

And of course there's what my grandad called Corporation Pop - tap water.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    water only for me and the milk out of my cereal bowl LOL
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can jazz up water with cut up fresh fruit, like lemons, oranges, strawberries, watermelon, etc. Some people add a little seltzer water to make it more "soda" like. It breaks up the monotony of plain water and you get more fruit in your diet :)
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting down on coffee switching to water and its killing me! Coffee withdrawal is bad!!!!!!!!

I should cut down my coffee but as I've reduced so many other "treats" I still allow myself this one.
  • emilyrosedye
    Options
    I've cut out full fat soft drinks but I still cant give up on carbonated drinks yet. I mostly drink coke zero, water (lots!) or tomato juice.
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I hate soda so never touch the stuff. Not a big fan of most juices so usually don't drink that either. Beverages for me- a cup of black coffee in the am, lots of water through out the day and a cup of tea in the afternoon. I also consume a couple of glasses of red wine during the week.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The only juice I have not cut out is my freshly squeezed orange juice,as for soda,I was never really into it so it was easy to dismiss it from my current nutrition plan
  • gr3g08
    gr3g08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    And of course there's what my grandad called Corporation Pop - tap water.
    [/quote]

This made me laugh... My dad calls it council juice lol!

I have also stopped drinking juices and fizzy drinks, will have the occassional diet coke, and a couple of glasses of wine every now and then, but other than that Its just water and tea x
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I drank tons of diet soda in college. Now I worry abour all the artificial ingredients causing Alzheimers . I drink green tea unsweetened. And about 100 ounces of water a day. In the mornings I still like my 50% decaf 50% reg coffee!
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    I've completely cut out soda and don't miss it. At all.
    I've cut out juice but will drink 100% cranberry with no sugar.
    Green tea (usually at night).
    Nonfat/skim milk. I'm obsessed with milk but it has a lot of sugar, so I've cut it to about one glass a day :sick:
    Water, about 8 glasses a day, and occasionally add crystal light
    Unsweetened ice tea with splenda
    Coffee w/ skim milk and splenda (I'll probably cut it also, I don't NEED it)
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't.

I have diet caffeine free cola and other fizzy drinks, all diet with no aspartame, only one small glass a day and have juice as I want it but at 100 calories per small glass I don't have it often.

I don't drink water, my tap water tastes and smells like the swimming baths. I have the occasional cup of tea with milk and sugar (around twice a week) and the rest of my fluid is made up with black decaf coffee no sugar or sweeteners - the way I have always taken my coffee.

I also only have one or two alcoholic drinks a year...at Christmas so am virtually teetotal. Virtuous enough I think!

You have to do what works for you, if you feel you can cut crud completely out of your diet without it backfiring in some way (binges, feeling deprived etc) then go for it but otherwise allow yourself some of what you like, it might help you stay on the straight and narrow