Has anyone done the walk away the pounds videos?

Options
I am thinking of trying it since I am a busy mom of 3 young kids and getting to the gym is impossible not only because of financial hardships but I just don't have the time. Was wondering what success anyone might have had before buying it. Please share thoughts/successes with me!!! Thanks :)

Replies

• AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    One of my girl friends is doing a "fast walk" program.. I'm not sure what it's called but you do 3 miles in 30 minutes and she does it right from her living room and her two year old does it with her, lol.. she's lost a good 27 pounds in like 9 weeks.. she's doing extremely well with it and she does zumba also.. I'll have to ask her what the video is called and I'll get back to you but I'm told they work! Good luck!
  • Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    I have for years and even more so this journey in my life since October. If it is Leslie Sansone you are talking about yes. Great for in home walking aerobics. Simple stuff to do, no need to learn dances or hard moves. She is great! I recommend her all the way! :flowerforyou:
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I am doing Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk at home DVD. I love it!! I have been doing it for a week and I think I'm losing more belly fat than when I was doing the WII fit every day!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone and I walk together often. Her Walk Away The Pounds Videos were some of the first exercise I was able to do, outside of Curves.
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    I havent used the walk away the pounds video, but i use tae bo by billy blanks and turbo fire. I started by walking in my neighborhood. I hear good reports about the leslie simone video (hope thats her name)
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I used to the the WATP discs. They are great!! I would do it right in my living room and my kids would do it with me :) I got my discs off ebay. I would definitely check there first!
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone is the BEST!!! I have the 3 mile walk video and it is super easy but you see results
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Instead of buying a few weight loss videos that may/may not work, Netflix has a veritable plethora to choose from, and if you don't choose the package that mails the DVDs to you, it's even cheaper. It's what I do, and they have everything from tae bo to yoga to dance to aerobics... the list goes on!!! Good luck, Ma'am!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i own a few of them & they're great for when i'm just simply not in the mood for something higher impact :o) any exercise is good exercise!
  • LizzetteRamirez
    LizzetteRamirez Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Its a good workout to do at home if you dont have the time to go out to walk or have a treadmill.You really sweat doing them but after a while (for me) I needed something different because I got bored. Try 30 days shred or Banish fat boost metabolism videos for a excellent cardio workouts in 30 minutes. For me they do the difference.:flowerforyou:
  • ejgrogan
    ejgrogan Posts: 1
    Options
    I started my original workout with that video - every morning in my living room. It is such a great video, that I still use it to this day. In the beginning, it was difficult for me and I got winded early on. As time went by, the exercises were so easy that I finally joined a gym and made the time. It gave me strength and stamina, people were telling me they could see a difference in my shape and, most of all, it is a great motivator because of all the progress you make with it, if you keep with it every morning. It's a terrific investment and, once you purchase it, you will always have it.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You can also check out half.com for cheaper stuff. I've heard that they carry DVDs. so it's always worth a shot!
  • scarr62
    scarr62 Posts: 4
    Options
    Love her video's as well. I know you can buy them at local stores now and not off the TV. I have had several different one's where you use the bands, the balls, etc. they are all good. Great to start your morning off right. I have a set of 1 mile 2 mile on up. Go for it you can't go wrong. Happy Walking
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I saw her 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile walks all packaged together on Amazon for $10.99! If you order something else to make it $25 (and I can always find something else) shipping is free. I use her videos and like someone else said, it was the first exercise I was really able to do to get myself up and moving.
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can go on youtube and look up Leslie Sansone and try her one mile workout video. It's great!! Really works the butt and thighs too!! Try it on youtube first to see if you like it.

Also, I recently bought the Biggest Loser Power walk dvd, 9 bucks at a local grocery store. I LOVE it!! There are 4 different one mile/15 minute videos and a cool down. Some of the videos add light weights, so you really get a great workout! I HIGHLY reccomend this DVD!

Good luck on your journey!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have for years and even more so this journey in my life since October. If it is Leslie Sansone you are talking about yes. Great for in home walking aerobics. Simple stuff to do, no need to learn dances or hard moves. She is great! I recommend her all the way! :flowerforyou:

Me too!! Lost my first 30 lbs only doing her videos, nothing else!!
  • LLRamey
    LLRamey Posts: 5
    Options
    If you have Netflix, there are a bunch of workouts on the instant streaming. Netflix is only 10 bucks a month. Plus there a bunch of movies and tv shows to enjoy too!
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    I just had an "Ah ha" moment when I read your reply...I have netflixs!! I can use it to get work out videos! :) Thanks for that 'duh'moment:)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    For me, it doesn't provide much of a challenge or calorie burn. However, if you are new to exercising or if you have a lot of weight to lose, it's a great place to start. Very low-impact. Leslie is upbeat and provides good instruction.
  • bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM! That's how I lost the extra 30# of baby weight after my first child. They aren't so complicated that you feel like you're going to break an ankle, but they really make you sweat. And that's what we're after, isn't it? They are a great alternative to buying a cardio machine for home.