How is this possible

Options
I've lost 5lbs in a little over a month (yay!) but my measurements haven't changed at all. Zero change. I don't understand how this is possible! I've been drinking water/working out, so I'm not replacing muscle with fat (if anything the other way around, I'm def stronger, etc). I don't understand how I can lose 5lbs (which, don't get me wrong, I'm super happy about) but not lose anything, measurement wise. I measure my neck, arms, waist, hips, thighs and calves, and no change in any of them. So I was super excited when I weighed in this morning, but that was tempered by the measuring. I'd rather lose inches than lbs (if I had to pick. Ideally I'd lose both, lol!). Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Replies

• keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    In my experience, I've always noticed it takes longer to see a change in measurements than it does with weight. I'm sure if u keep up all the great stuff you're doing, you'll see a difference. I don't measure at all anymore but, when I did, (after my second pregnancy). I'd weigh in every week but only measure every 6 weeks or so. But, keep up what you're doing... it WILL pay off!!
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    I don't think I measured myself again untill I lost about 12lbs and was suprised to see I had lost a 3 inches off my waist and hips. It will happen for you. Don't be discouraged!!
  • AndraSales
    Options
    You might be loosing the fat that surrounds your internal organs first before you start loosing the fat you can see/feel. Now while this doesn't help you get into any of your old clothes, it is making you much healthier, so stick with it and soon enough you will begin to see a difference.

Let us know how you get on.

Andra x
  • eknowles1982
    Options
    I read somewhere it takes 6 days to have results on the inside but sometimes 6 weeks to see it on the outside. You are making yourself healthy on the inside first...that's what counts the most...eventually the outside will catch up and you will feel and look even more amazing!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong you just have to realize that it took you a long time to change the size of your body and it will take a long time to change it back. You should check your measurements when one day you put on a piece of clothing and you say...Wow it's s lose! Keep up the good work and it will work itself out.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Measurements drop slowly. I've been at this since early December 2010 and while I've lost 17 lbs, the most inches I've lost are on my waist and that's only 3 inches. At first I almost didn't bother with measurements since they didn't seem to change while my weight was steadily going down. Then I noticed that the inches went down more quickly after I'd lost a larger chunk of weight. SO hang in there, the inches will come off!! And prepare yourself with a belt :bigsmile: