Why are you here?

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
I have been on here a couple of weeks now, and get the impression most people are here for weight loss. I am hoping to lose maybe 10 more lbs or so, but I don't mind too much if I don't, I just want to get fit again, and if I lose weight in the process, well that's a bonus.
So are you here to lose weight, gain weight, tone up, or just to keep a healthy lifestyle?

Replies

• jrlitt76
    jrlitt76 Posts: 52
    Options
    I am on here to initially lose some weight, but overall I have always enjoyed being active and fitness, so I love the community of meeting others with the same goals and hobbies...I love to run and bike, and its awesome to bounce ideas off of others who think about the same things...like types of shoes or cool races. I like the support, I have only been on here for over a week now but I already love the support.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Definitely Lose Weight!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Lady_G
    Lady_G Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm here to lose weight and to try and adopt a healthier lifestyle.
  • Kassondrab
    Options
    I'm here for the same reasons as you more or less. I'd like to mostly maintain weight, maybe lose 5-10 lbs but mostly i'd like to get more toned and in shape. I'm already at a healthy weight and i can't afford to lose much weight without being unhealthy so, thats not my goal. I joined because over the winter i tend to gain weight so i was trying to avoid that, and it helped. I really like this site though, I enjoy keeping track of my health ^_^ Hope your doing well
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I WAS here to lose weight initially... but now I have five pounds to go so I am mainly focused on tracking my exercise and making sure I'm burning between 2000 - 2500 a week!
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    To lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle.
    It's needed to happen for a while and this is the perfect tool to help me do it!
  • farmwife80
    farmwife80 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Lose weight. The accountability of tracking food is working for weight loss but I am planning to use it to maintain....WHEN I hit my goal!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    lose weight and gain control of my life. I new I had gained a little but was horrified to find out I had gained 20lbs. I didn't like thinking that I didn't notice and in that I wasn't in control of my life. I have things like diabetes, high blood pressure, and heat disease in my genes and I know a healthy lifestyle will prevent that. So for now it is weight loss and better choices, later it will be maintenance and exploring new foods. I'm toning and building an all together better body. Loving my life so much more.

I like tracking my food and paying attention to what I am eating and finding better ways to make "pasta roni" and the like.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    A combination. I guess mainly to loose weight. But I just want to be healthy and look good. I want to play sports with my kids and climb stairs withought being winded. I want to shop in whatever store I feel like. Not Lany Bryant.
  • grumbelina
    Options
    I'm like you: not a huge amount of weight to lose. Bigger problem is that I seem to gain a few permanent pounds every year, and after a while that adds up! This spring I want to try and get control and stop feeling so bad about myself. This is my third try with myfitnesspal and I could really use some encouragement!
  • bassman2019
    bassman2019 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mainly to lose weight, but also to get in shape again. I have 2 boys, a 5 yr old and an 8 mo. old, and I would really like to be able to keep up with them on the playground, sports and other activities.