Victory????

Options
cnjbarry
cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
SO as of today I have officialy hit my goal. Granted I only wanted to lose about 12 lbs but, it was what I thought was the last few lbs that my body was holding on to after having 3 children. I guess I was wrong.
As of now I do cardio almost every day and weights about 3 times a week. I eat all my excercise calories most days and drink a ton of water
I look in the mirror ( or look down for that matter) and still have the flab! Dont get me wrong,I do see some changes, I have dropped two pant sizes. Its just a little frustrating that I now have to up my goal, and continue to bust my butt.:grumble:
When I set my goal in the beggining, I didnt want to set goals that were unrealistic. I am 5'7 144 lbs ( I was 158 when I started) and I am 28 years old. I didnt want to strive for 130 as I thought it would be too small or imposible. I think it might be time to drop the cardio a bit and foccus more on weights and crunches (the bane of my existence!!!:mad: )

Sorry just feels like a hallow victory:grumble:

Replies

• jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    You met your goal - that is definitely a victory!!
    Sounds like you may just want to reevaluate your goal and set a new one. Don't downplay the victory you have accomplished. You set a goal and you reached it - that's GREAT!
    What's next??
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting your goal number. That is something to feel great about. :flowerforyou:
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Well done - I guess it depends on your frame size, I am also 5' 7" and started at 147 which looked really out of condition on me - wobbly thighs, muffin top etc and a UK size 12. I've dropped 10lb and it has made a real difference to my waist and stomach. Clothes are looser but not dropped a size yet.. I do a mix of cardio, weights, yoga, swimming, nothing too crazy. Maybe the next 3 or 4 lb could be the difference you're waiting for. Good luck
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    this is a victory, you set a healthy goal and you lost the weight. Your body might not look the way you want it but you'll be a lot healthier than you were. If you want to lose more keep going or try staying the same weight and turning fat into muscle, either way well done!!! I cant wait till im in your position.!
  • susancelli928
    Options
    You met your GOAL that is FABULOUS!!!! You should be so proud of yourself. As far as the flab, you are never going to lose it all unless you have some sort of surgery. I weigh 218 lbs and know that I am going to have tons of flab once I reach my goal but I will just do my best when it comes to the weights. Good Luck
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Kudos on accomplishing what you set out to do!!!

I hear you on the weights -_-.

I've been in shape for a while, and its taking the longest time to get the stomach I want, I can sadly say just because we're women and that's one of the places we hoard fat... its slower to go than the rest of the areas.
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the support. I have to say I feel a bit silly *****ing about it.:blushing:
  • coranyork
    Options
    Good for you losing the 10 pounds. I have 15 pounds to lose and just started this yesterday. I sure wish I was at my goal (ha ha). You must be really happy with the two pants sizes dropped. Just set a small amount for your next goal (like 5 pounds) and see how that goes. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!