How much are you all losing a month?

Options
Hi guys- Been here a while now and wondered what you have all lost per month for the last 3 months

Mine are

january 18th onwards 4.5lbs
Febuary 10.4lbs
march to today 3.6lbs

I am hugely disappointed with drop in march and I cant understand why as im doing nothing different. I always stick to my daily calories and been walking 8 miles 3x a week. I am allowed 1410 cals a day and my profile is set to lose 2lbs a week

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have lost 1.5 lbs a month since joining here in Jan.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of approx 16 lbs since Jan 1, My signature breaks down the weigh-in dates!!! :drinker:
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Since January I have lost 18lbs:)
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    Since January I have lost 16-18 lbs (the scale says 18 today but I'm waiting til Saturday for the official!). It isn't as fast as I expected - especially since I'm a big girl. But I'm very proud of the habits I'm working on. Today I ran for 34 minutes. And except for a few weeks off due to an injury and some mouth surgery, I'm exercising 3-6 times per week. I'm eating healthy food and feeding it to my family. I'm drinking water like whoa.

Yes, I want it to go faster. But I'm trying my best to look at the big picture!
  • sechmanojo
    sechmanojo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 pounds since the middle of February. Anywhere from 1.5 lbs to 3 lbs a week. Maybe your hitting a plateau. Just keep working at it and try changing up your routine. Here and there I have eaten over my calories on the weekend by about 400 and then I am really strict throughout the week and I see bigger results.
  • hot_yoga_lover
    Options
    Hi! Everyone wil hit a plateau right about that 6-8 week mark because your body gets used to the new routineand isn't working as hard, so don't lose hope. Chances are you could just keep doing what yo are doing and te weight will continue to come off, but if you want to continue to see fast results you have to change it up. Like when you are walking, add some intervals of light jogging, maybe every 5 minutes job one minute, something like that, and that extra stress on your body will shok it into dropping more weight. Also if you aren't lifting weights already, starting that will help because muscle burns more calories than fat does. Don't lose your motivation! :)

P.S. I'm not a dietician or anything, I am earning a Master's degree and have a strong interest in community health so I have taken many nutrition and exercise physiology classes. :) Just passing along my education to you!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing

You may be slowing your metabolism down with the extreme low calorie counts . I eat 1400 NET as a woman and am losing.
    Check this guys post out!! He is very knowledgeable and recommends 1600 calories MINIMUM for men! (now hopefully I posted the right link for ya! )
  • hollyd1986
    hollyd1986 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    since 6th Jan iv lost 18lbs too, averaged out about the same amount each month although the first 3 weeks I lost 7lbs
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do a fair bit of jogging but mostly walking, I hike on saturdays when i can and the last week i have been to the gym 6 days in a row. I spend an hour on a treadmil and only do light strength training at the minute but at the gym I lose any where between 800 and 1200 calories that i eat back on during the day. I know the numbers are going down in the right direction but i must admit when i worked out that i have only lost 3.5 so far this month i was a little unmotivated.
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    December 14-December 25th I lost 24lbs
    December 25th-January 25th I lost 12.6lbs
    January 25th-February 24th I lost 5.8lbs
    February 25th-March 25th I lost 4.4lbs.

I didn't diet from mid February to mid March and I had a baby December 14th.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing

You may be slowing your metabolism down with the extreme low calorie counts . I eat 1400 NET as a woman and am losing.
    Check this guys post out!! He is very knowledgeable and recommends 1600 calories MINIMUM for men! (now hopefully I posted the right link for ya! )

Ha, well this one was aimed at women...I know somewhere that he talked about it..good luck!
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I joined feb 17th and last weigh in on Sunday I had lost 14lbs in a months time. I'm averaging 2-3lbs a week. Hoping this Sunday is another good drop :). Keep up the great job everyone
  • CountandBaxter
    CountandBaxter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't be too discouraged. It's just your plateau. Which can kill motivation - so don't let it kill yours! Try calorie zig zagging or a different exercise (what really helps is a different weight lifting routine).
  • joshiesdad
    Options
    I have lost 50lbs since Jan 12. I am awaiting my plateau any day now.
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    Cheers guys for taking the time to reply, I have taken your comments on board
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Do you eat the 1410 in NET calories? If not, you likely should try to get closer to that.

If you are, you may be approaching the time to slow your loss to 1.5 lbs per week. I believe the minimum guideline for men is 1500 calories.
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    Do you eat the 1410 in NET calories? If not, you likely should try to get closer to that.

If you are, you may be approaching the time to slow your loss to 1.5 lbs per week. I believe the minimum guideline for men is 1500 calories.

I try to have at least 1200 net every day although i have only recently started watching it
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    As of today, I am down 16 lbs since 1/25/11.